Chapter 19

A/N - I started writing this chapter before I remembered I should add a Yule Ball chapter so that will come out after this chapter, but it's set before. Sorry :)

Y/N P.O.V 

I stood on the edge of the platform looking into the water. Me and Harry had gotten Gillyweed from Neville and we were about to jump in. Crouch raised his wand to start the next task and i nudged Harry.

"Harry."

"Yeah?"

"Take the Gillyweed in 3, 2, 1..."

We both swallowed the Gillyweed as Crouch started the next task. I felt in slime my throat and burn as it went down. I gagged and stumbled forward. The platform disappeared from under my feet and I fell into the water. After 10 seconds of flailing around I felt a rush of air in my lungs. The Gillyweed worked. I jumped out of the water, faintly hearing muddled cheering, and splashed back into the water. I swam through the seaweed and caught sight of Harry. He waved and as I raised my hand to wave back he was pulled into the seaweed. Mermaids. Must be.

I dived into the seaweed and narrowly avoided being grabbed by the slimy scaled claws of the mermaids. I managed to find the clearing in the middle of the seaweed and saw five people, attached to chains, floating in the middle. A rush of bubble flew past my head and I saw a man with a shark's head. The uniform he was wearing told me it was Krum. He sped straight towards Hermione, bit her chain in half, and pulled her to the surface. He only met a few months ago, is she really the only person that's important to him? How sad... I felt another rush of bubbles and saw Cedric, a bubble floating around his head, pulling out his wand and sending a spark towards Cho Chang's chain. He disappeared with her and I paused.That's 2... Where's Harry? And that Fleur lady?

I swam closer to the chain and pulled out my wand aiming it at Blaise's chain. Of course it's Blaise, he's my best friend and Harry's a competitor.  I  watched as Harry burst out of the seaweed, cover in scratches and in sinc, we both sent a spark towards the chains. Both broke instantly and we grabbed Ron and Blaise. Nether of us moved. Where's Fleur?  I shrugged towards the girl still floating there and we both nodded. We need to take her too. I blasted the chain and we linked out arms through both the boys and the girl's arm. We began to madly kick, pushing ourselves towards the surface. As the light of the surface came closer, I felt it getting harder and harder to breath.

The gillyweed was wearing off.

We were about to crack the surface when Harry and I were suddenly dragged down. Mermaids had grabbed out ankles and were pulling us back down. I let go of the others and so did Harry. He blasted them up to the surface and I faced the mermaids. INCENDIO. A burst of flames sped from my wand and hit the mermaids square on. The let go, screeching as they retreated into the seaweed and we both sped to the surface. A cold sharp rush of air hit my lungs and I gasped. Harry grabbed my shoulder and we helped each other swim to the platform. We were quickly hauled up and wrapped in warm towels, everyone murmuring and cheering at our return. Harry and I huddled close together as an announcement was made.

"The Potter twins were not able to return in time, and Tournament rules state they shall receive no points. But, as their brave actions, almost sacrificing their lives to make sure all have resurfaced, they shall receive 50 points!"

The defining cheers startled me and I knocked into Harry. We both laughed as Seamus came up to us. 

"Your' in the lead guys! The extra points put you both in first."

We beamed at each other and huddled closer together, trying to make sure we didn't freeze. I of all people didn't want another stay in the hospital wing. We were lead up to the castle and shared one last hug before we spilt to our own common rooms. I entered the Slytherin common room to a wave of applause and cheering. After a muddle of congratulates and students in my face, I made it to my dorm. All my friends had gathered in my room, Blaise's in a new set of clothes. Pansy rushed me into the bathroom before I could said anything. I was told to have a warm shower and saw a clean set of my warmest, comfiest clothes next to the sink. I showered, the warm water melting the cold stiff feeling of my skin, changed, letting my hair out because I knew Pansy would want to treat it, and joined my friends next to the small fireplace in my dorm. 

"How are you Blaise?"

"Warm. Thanks for notting letting me die."

"I wouldn't let you die you idiot."

Theo tossed me a fuzzy blanket and Mattheo moved me closer to the fire. 

"Why was Blaise in the lake? What happened?"

I explained my theory of why certain people were chained under the lake and why Blaise was there. 

"Well a least this was less deadly than the first task."

Mattheo elbowed me at the and I rolled my eyes.

"I was prepared for this task, all thanks to Neville Longbottom and no thanks to you."

"Hey! I gave you that book!"

"That was for-"

I paused. Should I..?    No Potter. Don't.

"for... my DADA homework! It had nothing useful in it about breathing under water!"

Nice save, well played Potter. The others laughed and we huddled close to the fire decompressing after the stress of the last two months. There was one more task coming, the it was all over. I only needed to survive through one more task. There was a knock on the door and Snape opened the door. 

"Boys should not be in the girl's dormitory."

We sucked in a breath, wondering what punishment we'd be given.

"But considering the circumstances, I'll allow it."

We all let out a collective side of relief. 

"Ms Potter, may I speak with you outside?"

What?  I shakily got up, I was warming up and still I felt the cold stiff  feeling in my legs, and walked out into the hallway with Snape. 

A/N - ✨cLiFf HaNgEr✨ (kinda, anyway thanks for reading)