Chapter 18

Mattheo P.O.V
I sat next to Y/N in the hospital wing, taking her over what we had done in DADA recently. Well I was trying to. She was distracted the entire time.

"Y/N? Are you listening?"

Y/N jumped slightly.

"Huh? Oh, yeah... what were you saying?"

"What's wrong? You've been distracted this entire time. You go back to class tomorrow and you're not listening to me catching you up."

"Sorry, really, but I'm worried about the next task."

"What's the next task?"

"Something to do with mermaids. I think we have to swim in the black lake but I don't know how I'll breathe underwater."

"Talk to Longbottom."

"What?"

Y/N looked at me in confusion.

"Moody gave him a book on magical plants and herbs. He could probably give you something."

Y/N nodded and slumped back against her bed head. I closed the book I was reading from and tossed it on the floor.

"Uhh... I can't wait to go back to school. I'm so bored here."

I smirked and leant back in my chair. 

"I never thought I'd hear you say that, but, I get it-"

"Being stuck in a hospital must be very boring indeed Ms Potter."

Y/N P.O.V

"Being stuck in a hospital must be very boring indeed Ms Potter."

I looked up to see Mad Eyed Moody standing behind Mattheo. He placed his hand on Mattheo's shoulder and he flinched away. Moody didn't notice, or didn't care, and continued to explain how interest dark arts were becoming and how much I'd be catching up on and learning when I came back to class. I nodded, feeling slightly off. Something was wrong with Moody. Suddenly I felt a searing pain in my eye. 

"AH- Fuck!"

Mattheo jumped up, worried at the sudden change.

"You ok?"

"Yeah.."

A look of terror flashed across Moody's face but it was replaced with concern. 

"I'm sure you're ok, right Ms Potter?"

"Yes sir."

"Well you seem to be in good hands. I'll be leaving. Goodbye you two."

Moody hurried off, with a little more urgancy then when he arrived, and Mattheo put his hand on my shoulder. 

"What was that about?"

I stared at the spot Moody had been at and shuddered slightly.

"Hey Mattheo?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it just me or is something off about Moody?"

"Somethings definitely off about him. I don't think he's who he says he is."

"Like, he's not Moody?"

"Yeah, he's been acting weird. Plus, he dropped his flask once in class and when I went to pick it up he smacked my hand and grabbed. I think he's hiding something in it. Like a potion or something."

"It might be polyjuice potion, also, what do you mean he's been acting weird. Mattheo sighed and sat back down. He began to explain everything that had happened while I was in the hospital wing regarding Moody's behaviour and his theory about what was going on. When he finished I was frozen, processing the small but muddled mess of information I had been given.

"Wait- how many people know about your, you know... mind reading thingy?"

"Me, you, Malfoy and my father. But there might be a few... deatheaters... who know. I know of at least four."

"So you think Moody is actually a deatheater disguising as Mad Eye Moody? But why, whats the point?"

"He's been hanging around you and Harry, talking to you and asking me about you two. Maybe he's planning something."

I tapped my fingers against the metal frame of my bed, mulling over the possibilities. 

"Hey, before I ask this I need you to know I'm not accusing you or blaming you for anything,"

Mattheo raised an eyebrow but nodded.

"If anythings happening regarding bringing your dad 'back', would you be told?"

Mattheo paused and leant back in his chair, tipping the front legs up slightly.

"Not unless it was successful. A lot of the deatheaters 'don't want to get my hopes up' if it doesn't work. It's not like I care that much anyway."

Makes sense. But what would be going on?  I felt my head ring and I groaned, flopping back into the pillow. 

"You ok Potter?"

"My head hurts."

"Do you want me to get Pomfrey."

"No, it's what me and Harry call the 'Voldemort migraine'. When ever we come into contact with something Voldmort had marked, or the guy himself, we get a splitting headache, that sometimes lasts a while."

"Am I giving you a headache?"

"No, for some reason. You never gave me one. It's a bit weird. But then again, it's one of the many questions surrounding you."

Mattheo laughed and began to pick up his books, packing them back into his book bag. 

"I gotta go, I got homework from Snape. 5 foot scroll by tomorrow."

"Oof. Well good luck. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya."

Mattheo began to walk off but stopped and came back.

"Before I forget, here."

He handed me a thick book, golden lace woven on the cover. 

"This might help you figure out how you could hear my thoughts as well as me hearing yours."

"Oh, thanks."

I took the book and immediately began to flick through it as Mattheo walked away. I needed an answer to at least one of the multitude of questions running around in my brain. Plus, I had at least 4 hours before I was sent back to my dorm so I had some time to spare.

A/N - Sorry it took a while but new chapter :) Also it's a bit shorter then some of the others cause I'm trying to get to the next major event. Thanks for reading.