The Resurgence.

Thousands of years pass, the small peaceful town Franky used to live in turns into a vast desert. After approximately 12,000 years, three figures can be seen walking through the wastes, one of them was carrying a metal detector, the other was fanning themselves with their hand, and the last was flapping their fins toward the last two.

"UUUUGGHH.. We've been at this for hours.."

"We'll stumble on something soon Frye, I'm sure."

"Ay. (Yeah, and when we do, we should get portable fans.)"

These three figures are Shiver, Frye, and Big Man of the band Deep Cut, out on their daily treasure hunting adventures, they wanted to go to the Crater, but there seems to be some construction going on there, so they're left to sift in the sands.

"Big Man, you don't even wear clothes, you should be the coolest one out of all of us." Shiver said.

"Ay Ay. (I'm wearing this hat! It's melting my head off..) Big Man Ay-ed

As they talked, the metal detector finally picked something up.

"Hallelujah! Finally!" Shiver exclaimed.

"Let's see what this could be!" Frye said.

They swiftly sifted through the sand, and after a few feet of digging, they found what tripped the sensor, a small metal hatch with a valve.

"What the f-" Frye started.

"Jeez, this thing is ancient." Shiver interrupted

"Ay? (Should we open it?)" Big Man asked.

"Maybe it's some sort of time capsule." Shiver added.

After a few moments they decided to open it up. Shiver started twisting the valve on the hatch, but it wouldn't budge.

"Argh! This things locked tight!" Shiver grunted. "Help me out here Frye."

Frye grabbed the valve and twisted it with Shiver, after a few moments, the valve slowly started to turn with a loud screech, after some effort it opened.

"Alright, it's a dark creepy ladder." Shiver said

"Smells like treasure in there though. Let's go down it!" Frye suggested

Ay! (I can't fit in that tiny hole!) Big Man Ay-ed

"Well.... then you keep watch up here, me and Shiver will go down there." Frye said reluctantly. She hated leaving one of her friends out of something, but it seems like it's the only option.

"Ay! (Got it!)" Big Man Ay-ed loudly.

"Alright, in we go." Shiver said, making her way down the ladder, which was in significantly better shape than the hatch.
"I hope this isn't like the Inkopolis incident.." Frye followed behind.

As they got to the bottom, a thick cloud of dust tickled their noses, causing them to sneeze.

"This place really is ancient.." Frye said.

"Well, it's in significantly better shape than the other ruins we found." Shiver said.

They stepped farther into the room, when a loud screech echoed throughout the facility, followed by a computerized voice.

"MOTI[BZZZT] DETECTED, ACTIVATING EMERG[BZZZT]Y BACKUP POWER."

Dim lights suddenly shined from the ceiling of the vault, not enough to make things easy to see, but enough to prevent the rooms to be pitch-black.

"What was that?" Shiver asked, startled. Obviously neither of them understood what the A.I. said.

"This place is freaky.." Frye added.