Past

"Wake up!"

"GAAH! Whe- Where am I?! Who are.." Jake shouted before recognizing the inkling in front of him.

"Y-YOU?! What do you want?!" Jake shouted.

"You were sleeping behind a dumpster. We did you a favor." Pearl explained.

"We?" Jake asked.

"Pearlie? Is the human awake?!" Another voice called from a different room.

"Oh yeah, very." Pearl said.

Footsteps ran into the room, an octoling stood in the doorway.

"Oh my cod! I've always wanted to talk to a human!" The octoling said, she ran over to Jake.

"You HAVE to tell me about human culture, what kind of machines did you make?!"

"G-Get offa me!" Jake shouted.

"Oh! Sorry... I neglected to introduce myself... I'm Marina!" Marina said.

"Untie me!" Jake shouted again.

"Nuh uh!" Pearl exclaimed.

"The fuck you mean 'nuh uh'?!" Jake asked.

"You're too dangerous, OBVIOUSLY." Pearl exclaimed again.

"Uugh..." Jake growled.

"Pearl said you're invincible." Marina said.

"Huh?! No I'm not?" Jake said.

"I shot you with ink and you didn't even flinch!" Pearl said.

"Ink isn't deadly." Jake said.

"Interesting.." Marina said jotting down a note on her notebook.

"What's your species deal with kidnapping?" Jake asked.

"To be fair, you're supposed to be extinct." Marina said.

"So what are you going to do, kill me?!" Jake questioned.

"Oh cod no. It's so amazing seeing a real live human!" Marina said. "But we need to keep the city safe."

"I think you have a warped view on humans. Most of us aren't as violent as you think.." Jake said.

"How can we trust you?" Pearl asked.

"Uurrgh.. I guess you can't..." Jake sighed.

-

"Frye?" Franky asked.

"Hey Franks! What's up?" Frye cheered.

"Uhm, can I talk to you?" Franky asked.

"Of course hun! What is it?" Frye asked.

Franky sat next to her.

"It's time I told you the truth." Franky said.

"Huh?! What's this about?" Frye started to get really worried.

"My past." Franky said. Frye felt a sense of relief.

"Tell me everything." Frye said.

"Ok, well.. buckle up, it's a long one." Franky said.

"My life was a very rocky journey. When I was a kid, my parents fought with each other quite often. My dad would get drunk and um.. hit my mom, and me." Franky said.

"Oh.. Franky I'm so sorry.." Frye whispered.

"It eventually got to a point where my parents separated. My mother eventually found a new boyfriend a few years later. He seemed like a nice person. Until one night I was awakened by the shouting. The horrible things were happening again.."

Franky stopped for a moment debating whether or not to continue. Frye wrapped her arm around him.

"*ahem* One week, I needed to go visit my father, he was getting better with his alcohol problem, I should say he was a good father when he wasn't drunk, and I could tell that he wanted to be a good person.
But I was still terrified of him. But even so, I don't like letting people down, so I went anyway. Few days later, we were at his friend's house, when my father took me to a private room, and told me my mother had been murdered."

Franky teared up, Frye rubbed his back.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to babe.." Frye said.

"Uhhm.. no, I need to."

Frye kissed Franky's cheek. "Ok, don't push yourself."

"Um.. s-she was murdered by her boyfriend, that.. bastard tried to play it off as a car accident. Eventually though, he got life in prison. Where he belongs. A-after that, I lived with my father for a bit, but then my grandmother got legal custody of me. My.. my grandmother.. she was the biggest manipulator I've ever met. So I lived in her house, with my evil family. They constantly screamed at each other, fighting, throwing things around, the house was always such a mess.. everyone in that house was evil, except for... my sister...."

"Your sister?" Frye asked.

"Yes... she was 10 or 11.. somewhere around that range.. she went through the same things I did. My father died of liver failure a while after I moved in, and, well, I was stuck there.. I've been running for years, only to wind up where I started. Until one day, I got the opportunity to escape. See, Mt mother was very well known around my area, so the state offered to me for a local apocalyptic survival vault. There was one catch of course... I couldn't take anyone with me.. I.. I could let the opportunity slip by. I was desperate. So I took it. Three weeks later, the war happened, I.. I left everyone behind and headed for my vault, I told myself it was what I had to do.. but it still hurts..."

"Franky... I.. I had no idea..." Frye whispered.

"I'm sorry.." Franky whispered.

"No.. no! You don't have to be sorry about anything, I really appreciate you being so honest with me, this explains a lot." Frye said.

"Like what?" Franky asked.

"I know why you're so paranoid, you're afraid of these things happening again.." Frye said.

"I'm afraid of a lot of things." Franky said.

"Like what?" Frye asked.

"Like.. I'm afraid of hurting someone, afraid of becoming like them.." Franky said.

"Franks.. you are the nicest person I've ever met, you don't need to be afraid of that!" Frye said.

"Th-thanks.." Franky whispered.

"Man.. that was a lot.." Frye said.

"Frye?" Franky asked.

"Hmm?" Frye hummed.

"I want you to know.. you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." Franky said.

Frye blushed and leaned over towards Franky.

"To be honest, I could say the same thing about you Franks." Frye whispered. They kissed, holding each other in their arms.

-

Shiver was lying in her bed, trying to sleep, but she couldn't, she sat up and sighed.

"Mmph.. ugh.. where's that shark pillow?" Shiver asked herself, she looked over on the floor and found it, she picked it up and wrapped herself around it, and tried to fall asleep again.

"Mmm.. Franky." Shiver whispered, hugging the pillow tighter, she fell asleep not long after.