Traición

3 hours earlier:

Frye was still fighting Agent 3, she started her final dance, focusing all of her strength into her attack. But suddenly she was overcome by a feeling of dread.

"Oof!" Frye shouted after getting hit by one of her eels again, knocking her over. Agent 3 climbed up the cube and splatted her. Afterwards Frye respawned.

"Rrgh.. You are stronger than you look.. but you haven't seen the last of Deep Cut!"

Frye threw a smoke bomb at her feet and blasted off to the distance. She landed behind the safe.

"What was that..?" Frye whispered, it felt like a stake was driven through her heart.

"...Franky!" Frye shouted. She knew something was wrong.

"I need to find him.." She whispered. She super jumped out to the surface.

-

Present time:

Agent 3 was making their way through Alternas rocket facility. Deep Cut were conducting their own search.

"Frye, we've looked everywhere, I promise we'll find him here, and this time we have those squid agents helping us out." Shiver said.

"Will they though? I mean, we just truced.." Frye asked.

"If they see a living human, they'll say SOMETHING.." Shiver said.

"Ay! (Maybe lock him to yourself next time!) Big Man Ay-ed jokingly.

"Seriously, he's like a magician.. he's always disappearing.." Shiver sighed.

"What if he's... doing it on purpose..?" Frye asked.

"No no, all he talks about is you, Frye." Shiver said.

"What does he say?" Frye asked.

"He talks about how nice it is to have people that care about him, and how free he feels now, and he also says that he loves your smile." Shiver said.

Frye looked down and blushed, and her eyes started watering.

"I miss him so much.." Frye whispered.

"Ay! (Guys, look!)"

Shiver and Frye darted their eyes in the direction Big Man was pointing, a large shadow lurked around before turning a corner.

"Guys. We're getting strange energy readings from nearby, remain vigilant." Marie said through the radio.

"Yep, we see it." Shiver said.

"Let's go check it out." Frye said, running in the direction of the figure. Shiver and Big Man followed behind her, after catching up with her they noticed a look of shock and sadness on her face.

"Frye? What-" Shiver asked before seeing what she was looking at.

A humanoid figure stood before them, fur covered their body, but they could still see the white jacket poking out, a big fuzzball stuck out of their left shoulder. Glowing eyes shone through the glasses they were wearing.

"...F..Franky?!" Frye shouted in horror.

He didn't respond, instead, he slammed his fists down on the ground in front of him, causing a wave of multicolored ink to jet towards them. Deep Cut dodged out of the way. Shiver and Frye drawed their weapons while Big Man dove into the ground, creating a large shadow.

"That's not Franky, he's covered in fuzzy ooze! We need to get it off of him!" Shiver yelled.

"Franky.. no.." Frye whispered, her splatana was shaking in her grasp.

Franky swung his arm, which turned into a long fuzzy ooze tentacle, across the stage, but they swim formed in the nick of time, Franky's arm then returned to normal and slammed the ground again, this time sending three spikes of fuzzy ooze out of the ground.

Shiver aimed her tri-stringer at Franky and fired, striking him in the chest, it didn't seem to have any effect. He turned his attention to Shiver. His red and purple eyes were completely unrecognizable. He pounded the ground, sending a wave. Shiver was knocked back. Franky's face didn't show any emotion, suddenly he was struck in the head by a splatana, knocking him down.

"WAKE UP FRANKY!" Frye screamed.

"Ay! (Look out Frye!) Big Man Ay-ed. He launched an inkstrike at Franky, Frye dodged to the side as Franky was struck with it. He struggled to get back up, the fuzzball on his shoulder pulsed faster. Then Shiver threw a splat bomb at him.

*BOOM*

The force of the explosion knocked Franky out cold. Shiver fell back down and sighed in relief.

"Franky.. what happened.." Frye whispered.

"Guys, you left your radio on, we heard the commotion and Agent 3 is on their way." Marie said.

"Frye." Shiver groaned, hurt by being knocked back.

"Shiver, are you ok?!" Frye asked.

"The fuzzball. We need to pop it." Shiver said.

"How do you know?" Frye asked.

"I watched Agent 3 do it, when they get here, tell them to do that." Shiver said.

"Shiver are you going to be alright?" Frye asked.

"Yeah. Just a little bruise." Shiver said.

*Splash*

"Ay! (Agent 3 is here!) Big Man Ay-ed.

"Agent 3! Please, can you help us out? That person laying on the ground with the fur over there? Can you.. do anything about that..?" Frye pleaded.

Agent 3 looked at Franky and nodded. They readied their smallfry and hurled them at the fuzzball on Franky's left shoulder.

After only a few seconds, the fuzzy ooze was gone, and Franky looked normal again. Frye walked over to him.

"Franky..? Are you.. ok?" Frye nervously asked, looking for any sudden movements.

Franky slowly started to pick himself up off the ground and put himself in a sitting position, rubbing his head in pain.

"Uuoogh..." Franky groaned. "What..?"

"Franky..?" Frye asked again.

Franky looked at her.

"...Frye?"

"Franky!"

Frye latched on to Franky, planting kisses all over his face.

"Hey! Calm down hun.." Franky laughed, he turned his head, and saw Shiver.

"Oh my god! Shiver?!" Franky shouted, running over to her.

"Oh god.. Shiver.. are you ok?" Franky asked, noticing the bruise under her left eye.

"I've been through worse. I'm alright Franky, I'm just glad you're yourself again." Shiver said.

"Shiver... I'm.. I'm so sorry.." Franky whispered.

"Hey, hey! You weren't yourself. Seriously I'm fine." Shiver said.

"Are you ok Frye?" Franky asked.

"I'm fine babe, honestly." Frye said.

"Big Man, What about you? You alright?" Franky asked.

"Ay! (Not even a scratch!)" Big Man Ay-ed.

"Uunh.. I'm sorry, everyone, I'm.. I just can't believe how.. stupid I am.." Franky said.

Frye kissed Franky's cheek. "We're all alive at least!" She said.

"What can I do to make it up to you guys?" Franky asked.

"You can make us a good lunch when we get back." Shiver said.

"And then take me on a nice date, it's been awhile!" Frye said.

"Deal." Franky said.

"Ay.. (where did Agent 3 go..)"

Sure enough, Agent 3 was nowhere to be seen.

"Guess they had better things to do." Shiver said.