Their family and friends

Marinette didn't know why she had kissed Damian on the cheek. Yes, that's how she used to greet her friends, but Damian she hardly knew, she also didn't know why she was willing to trust him, after Lila Rossi appeared in her life, one would think that the girl would learn to be wary, but there was one thing Marinette knew, and that was that the moment she'll get to her room at the hotel, she would be interrogated endlessly by her two best friends, so she better start thinking how she was going to answer their questions when even she didn't know the answer.

Marinette could feel Kagami's piercing, critical gaze, and Chloe's mischievous, cheeky gaze. She knew that the only reason neither of them had said anything was because they didn't want to do it in front of Tomoe.

But as soon as they got to the hotel.... yep, Marinette could already feel the interrogation.

As they arrived at the hotel and entered their suite, Tomoe said to Marinette before she left with her friends.

"I'll inform your mother about this arrangement, Marinette."

"Okay, I understand," the young woman replied uncomfortably."

Tomoe nodded, and Marinette was literally dragged into the room by her friends.

"So Mariboo, sun of my days and moon of my nights, my lovely friend," Chloe said in a falsely sweet tone, which hid the blonde's mischievousness "You're going to tell us what happened out there with the Wayne guy, right?

"There's nothing to tell, Chloe, he was just being nice, and I thanked him."

Kagami snorted at her reply.

"A kiss seems like an exaggerated reward for someone who was just being nice."

"Kagami, don't be dramatic, I kiss all my friends."

"And since when is a mere interaction enough for you to consider someone your friend?"

"Kagami..."

"I don't care who it is, I don't want anyone to hurt you," she said sternly, then she added softly "Marinette, you were my first friend, I adore you and I don't give a damn if I have to face this boy to protect you."

Marinette looked her friend in the eyes before standing up and hugging her.

"I appreciate your concern, Kagami, but I'm a big girl now, and believe me, I don't give up my trust that easy, but my gut tells me Damian is legit."

Kagami looked like she wanted to argue, but stopped herself.

"Just be careful, please."

"Okay, and now that we got the deadly threats out of the way, let's focus on something more important," said Chloe, interrupting the moment, "I want the details of how you became so close to Damian Wayne that he offered to help you.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Chloe, Damian is very kind."

"Kind?! Please, Maribug, don't you know...?" Chloe frowned and turned to look at Marinette, who had an adorably confused expression, "OMG, you really don't know."

"I don't know what?"

"Marinette, that boy has a reputation," said Kagami, noticing her friend's confusion.

Marinette frowned before speaking.

"We've only been in Gotham for two days. How come you've heard about his 'reputation'? I mean, I kind of expect it from Chloe because she likes to gossip..."

"Hey!...you know what, forget it, you're right."

"But you don't usually judge people like that, Kagami."