Chapter V

Lois Kent had a dilemma.

 It had all started three days ago when she went down to the dining room of the hotel where she was staying for the Reporters Gala. It was almost dinnertime and Lois had just finished a video call with her husband and son. She missed them but the annual Media Congress and Reporters Gala were unmissable events.

 She went to the dining room with the idea of ​​ordering something light and going to sleep. Until she saw her old friend Nadja Chamack.

 Lois and Nadja had met, ironically, in London. Both had been sent to cover an event and both reporters got along almost immediately.

 She valued Nadja, despite the distance they had become friends, which is why Lois was surprised when she stopped receiving her calls four years ago.

 She still received some letters, but they seemed strange to her. Something was off. Sometimes it felt like something Nadja wanted to say was lost along the way.

 Therefore, when she saw her friend and the one she assumed was little Manon in the hotel dining room, she did not hesitate to approach her.

 She was determined to ask, not interrogate, just ask, the reason for her silence. Lois was not expecting the bomb that fell on her.

 "Let me get this straight," Lois said looking her friend in the eyes, "for four years Paris has been under constant attack from, basically, a terrorist."

 "Yes."

 "Which uses some magic artifact to turn normal people into villains."

 "That's right."

 "All they need is a person to feel a negative emotion."

 "You're getting it."

"And the only ones who can deal with it are basically children with equally powerful artifacts."

 "Teens, actually, and they are called Miraculous."

 "Oh my God..." Lois said as she massaged her temple. "You know I trust you, but how the hell do you expect me to believe this has been going on for years and no one has noticed?"

 This was too much to process and she was Superman's wife for God's sake! Nadja had made sure to send Manon to her room so she could talk with Lois at ease. If even half of what she was saying was true, it made sense why.

"Lois, I understand that it sounds like something impossible but, believe me, this is real."

 Nadja's expression was honest. Lois knew her friend wouldn't lie to her but she needed more information before doing anything.

"Why now? If the situation in Paris is as critical as you say, why wait until now to ask for help?"

 "Firstly, this is not the first time we have asked for help." Nadja explained, looking Lois in the eyes. "I'm sure Ladybug tried to ask for help when it all started but her request was rejected and treated as a prank. Then the mayor tried a second time but Green Lantern rejected the request and said they were too busy and not to call again."

 "I see." Lois murmured.

"Secondly, we all assumed that we were fine. That Ladybug and Chat Noir would fix everything. We were naive."

"What do you mean?"

"That's reason number three. The akumas have become stronger, more dangerous and crueler than ever. They were never a good thing but now? They're worse than ever." Nadja concentrated on her cup of tea in front of her as if she were looking for strength. "It all started four years ago with Stoneheart, a boy who was mocked for not being able to confess to the girl he liked-"