09

(2479 words)

"Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever be the first one to break?"

Ivy Brooks

This house is a bit weird, maybe because it's occupied by three grown men. Oh yeah, a bit of change in plans. I am now temporarily staying with Chris and his brothers until Sophie and Jack can find whoever threatened me and stop him from saying anything. I doubt they'll find him in time before he's opened his big mouth about my name and who I was with.

They've given me a room to sleep in and I think it's next to Nick's? Or Matt's? I can't really tell just yet since to me, they are a spitting image of each other.

These hallways aren't long and weaving around, it's a small house compared to what I am used to living in and for some reason, I hate it more than my job.

The room I'm staying in is upstairs and tucked into a corner, it has long blackout curtains against the decent sized windows and the floor is covered with black carpet. The bedsheets and blankets are all black and white, sadly there isn't a bathroom connect to my room.

I'm not saying it to be a snobby rich person, but I just thought that decent sized houses might have a couple bathrooms attached to the bedrooms for easier access during the night. It does suck knowing I have to walk all the way down the hall to one of the guy's rooms to pee, luckily there is a second door that leads into the bathroom so I wouldn't have to slip into their room in the middle of the night like a creep.

Right now, I'm just sitting in the large black chair against the window with my fingers hooked onto the curtain, pulling it open slightly so I can see the dim world. It seemed to be raining and the window was covered up in hot fog from the house's heat pressing against the rain's temperature. I have a large black hoodie Chris had given me, I think he was trying to comfort me but I think he was the one that needed some comfort.

He was twitching and shaking when we finally had lost the guy. His voice was broken and dead when I asked him where we could hide out that had nothing to do with my friends and I.

Surprisingly, he offered up his own home to keep me safe, he's been locked in his room and hasn't given anyone a peep. I guess he's really shaken up.

There was a light tap on the door, my head snapping towards it and my palm tightened around the gun tucked between the hoodie and my skin, hidden from view. The door creaks open, the gentle eyes of one of the triplets look around the room then stop when they saw me.

"Hey," He smiles, slipping into the room without permission but it is still their house so it's not like I can make up a list of rules and expect them to follow it.

He walks to the center of the room, looking a bit nervous. From his demeanor, I would've thought this to be Chris but Chris had longer hair than this person and there was something else different about him.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks awkwardly, his hands engulfed by the black hoodie he had on, making him look like a nervous little girl about to meet someone new. He just needs a cute bow in his hair and a pinch of the cheek.

"Admiring the beautiful world," I say in sarcasm, "Have you guys heard anything from Sophie or Jackson?"

He gently shakes his head, turning his head and looking over his shoulder to the slightly cracked open door. He looks back at me, "Wanna watch a movie with me and Nick?"

"A movie?" I furrow my brows.

"Yeah, we haven't decided on what to watch but we thought we should invite you to join us. Since you're like.. in here all the time," He explains, fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie in a child-like demeanor.

Fixing - C.Sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें