11

(2334 words)

Buckle up..

"You say that you wanna go
To a land that's far away
How are we supposed to get there
With the way that we're living today?"

"You say that you wanna goTo a land that's far awayHow are we supposed to get thereWith the way that we're living today?"

Double Update: Part One

Ivy Brooks

Fuck. This.

I have been running in circles trying to figure out what to say to Chris, how to explain why he was put in that situation so I can get him to forgive me and I can focus on getting him to join.

I can't find a way to tell him who that guy was and why he was trying to kill us without exposing all of us. That's a very high risk that could end up ruining our plan.

It's way too early to introduce him into our world and this annoying slip up almost shattered him completely. He can't handle the idea of stealing and killing on a daily basis yet, I just need more time.

Except I can't just sit in this room all day long and expect everything to be a-okay. Because of that asshole that ruined our plan, I need to do something so Chris doesn't lose complete trust in me. And I'm guessing it has something to do with honesty. Great.

Chris is downstairs with his brothers, playing a game and doing something to help him feel better.

I prefer to gain his trust when it's just him and I, that way it feels more intimate and he can focus on me. I can't do anything right now so in the meantime, I need to do something for myself. I'm going insane in this boring house.

My fingers delicately weaving in the thick string, passing up and over to sew the two fabrics together. My eyes constantly flicking towards the locked door, scared that someone might try to get in. The thick fabric made it hard to put together but I got there in the end. I had made three of theses things and I gotta say, I am proud.

I lift up my messy masterpiece, pleased with how it looked. I stand up, grabbing the outfit I had laid out on the bed and slipping into it. It was a large pink coat that Jackson had brought over like a week ago, some long black leather boots Sophie brought, and my almost sheer pink dress.

I know, it's a lot of pink.

Once I was all dressed up, I grabbed the large black duffel bag sitting in the corner of the room and put everything I needed into the bag. Zipping it up with a sigh, I walk out of the bedroom and see that the guys are all piled up on the couch with controllers in their hands.

At least they're distracted.

I bring my phone up and click on Alex's name, just barely feeling that buzz in my chest I always got when doing my favorite activity. I bring the phone up to my ear and crouch down, looking at the guys through the railing.