13

(1825 words)

"Cause it's too cold
For you here
And now, so let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater."

Ivy Brooks

The car rumbles beneath us, being the only sound in the packed area while we sway from side to side as Alex drives us down the long and narrow road. My head aches from the amount of thoughts filling it up like a damn bowl of water mixing with the lack of sleep I've had.

Chris is sat just behind me, next to Jackson who insisted that we keep one of ours next to one of theirs to make sure they don't make a run for it when they realize we were telling the truth. Kind of.

He looks so calm. I'd expected him to be fidgeting, spewing out questions every second, snapping and yelling but no. He's looking out the window with his hoodie up to keep him warm, his pointer finger grazing over his bottom lip as his eyes wander around the window.

I'm freaking out a bit because of one tiny little problem we have.. How am I going to explain the large piles of fucking drugs and weapons stacked up to the ceiling in there?

The Salvation is trying to take down Duplicity, yes- but only because they're competition.

"What's today's date?" Sophie calls from the very back where Matt is sat next to her. She's much more composed than Jack and Alex and I'm grateful for that. I need to remain calm and relaxed as well, "Do you think Sam will be there?"

"Sam's in Vegas," Alex informs her, moving the rear view mirror slightly and I see Sophie's face pop up. A sucker is stuck between her lips as Matt stares from the backseat at the mirror.

"The hell is he doing there?" Sophie asks, her voice muffled from the sucker as she twists it around her mouth with her fingertips rolling around the stick.

"He's a driver Sophie, there were somethings that needed to be moved." Alex explains, turning the car down the road that leads to one of The Salvation's hideouts and I can feel the tension in the car thicken.

They know what's coming. Sophie sits herself back down, even she has gone quiet as the large building began coming up. I inhale deeply, trying to keep myself from yanking the steering wheel into one of the trees and killing us all.

I could feel my heart banging against my throat, Alex stopping the car slowly in front of the building with grey stone walls and a single metal door painted white in the far left side.

Chris Sturniolo

The car stops and I turn to look at the front. I notice a large building as Ivy turns around towards us, her eyes looking around at Nick, Matt, and I with fear just behind those blue irises of hers.

"Keeps your heads down and don't say a word, got it?" She says in a serious tone, Jackson opening his door as I give her a small nod while my two brothers give her a verbal response.

I wasn't planning on saying anything either way.

"Okay, let's go." Ivy nods, turning around and opening her own door before stepping out. We all follow, my eyes scanning the dead area. We were surrounded by trees that seemed to go on for miles, it looks like they had to clear some of the trees out to make room for the large building.