10

(1678 words)

"Who are you? Who am I to you?
I am the antichrist to you."

Her delicate hands slipping on thick rubber gloves with a smile, "So, I've heard you're a tough nut to crack?"

Her hands gently grabbing the underside of my chin and the top of my head to keep me in the exact position she wanted.

"Something like that," I mumble.

She smirks, leaning down and in the corner of my eye, I see the man flip a switch. I felt her plush lips graze over the shell of my ear, my eyes looking back to the screen.

My angel was laying on a bed of white covers, swimming with a smile as they looked behind the camera. I know who was behind the camera and that smile is meant for only one person.

"Let's see how tough you really are,"

Ivy Brooks

The human mind fucking sucks.

I can't stop thinking about how I feel about how everything went down, how Chris was stuck in the middle and couldn't get out of it.

Now, normal people would think oh chucks, I feel so bad. I scared him.

Not me. I do think it was wrong for him to be involved in something that had nothing to do with him, at least not yet, but that doesn't give me a proper reason to feel bad. Whenever I see him sulking around the house, I just see a very weak human being. I've been through worse and I'm perfectly fine.

Maybe I've gotten used to the feeling of constantly being in danger and having my life on the line that I had forgotten how easily fear can take over your life.

I remember I used to curl up into Sophie's chest when I first started involving myself into her work life, she would coddle me and whisper me to sleep every night. It was the most gentle thing she had every done in front of me and I can't thank her enough for pulling me through those times. I used to shake like a leaf, barely able to even look at a gun without wanting to throw up or run as far away from it as possible.

Now, I have at least one within my reach at all times and I can't imagine life without one. I accepted the danger for what it was and moved on, I embraced my fears.

I wonder how Chris is going to be once he adjusts to the feeling of taking a human life..

I listen intently, trying to pick up on the small sounds of footsteps or the rustling of a bag, but the house was completely silent. I smile, walking out of my room and hurrying down the stairs to make sure I had enough time to rummage and look for what I needed without anyone coming out and catching me.

Oh yeah, I've been avoiding the guys like the damn plague. I don't want to be invited to watch a movie or do a puzzle.

I slide into the kitchen, seeing the white cabinets and clean counters. I reach up and open the cupboard farthest to the left and see the small blue pack of chips ahoy.

I grab it and turn my head towards the small digital clock sitting on the kitchen counter.

3:00 AM

I raise my eyebrows, surprised at the time and I realize that the guys are probably all asleep right now. I decide to enjoy my alone time outside of that depressing room, getting a wide cup and some milk before sitting down on the living room couch.