Chapter 1

The sun shone through the windows of the room, hitting Eda's face. She blinked awake and looked at the clock, it read 8am. This made her sit up straight as she realized that it was Kiraz's first day in preparatory class. The door to her room suddenly swung open, Kiraz running towards Eda to hug her.

"Günaydın, anne!" She greeted.

"Günaydın, bebeğim." Eda hugged Kiraz tightly as she showered her with kisses. "What have you been up to?" She asked.

Kiraz, like Serkan, woke up as early as 5 in the morning, while Eda slept away with her dreams...unless she was woken up by her alarm.

"I painted, anne! I painted Sirius!" She exclaimed. "Come, anne! I'll show it to you!"

"Wow! That's great! I'll look at it later since we have to get ready for your class today. Tamam mi?" Eda explained.

Kiraz nodded as Eda got up and carried Kiraz out the room, but before they could go, her phone rang. She walked back to her bedside table and answered the call.

"Alo?"

"Ne yapıyorsun sen?" Serkan spoke.

"I just got up." She sheepishly answered. "I haven't taken a shower and I still need to bathe Kiraz."

"Ne? We're gonna be late." He complained.

"Hayır! We'll be quick!" She reasoned.

"Öyle mi?"

"You know, the more we talk on the phone, the more time we're wasting. Kapatıyorum. Bye-bye." She ended the call and proceeded to get herself and Kiraz ready for the day.

8:50am

Eda's phone rang as she received a text message, making her sigh in frustration.

I can't pick you guys up. I have an unexpected meeting. Özür dilerim.

Let's meet at the cafe.

—————

The hot coffee burned Eda's lips as she sipped on it and sat outside the cafe. She was not in the mood today as most of her plans were not working out. One, her alarm did not go off; two, she wanted to stay a little at Kiraz's school to see her off but she couldn't since they were already late; and three, she was at a cafe, waiting forever with a burnt lip.

Serkan sighed as he parked his car—they were late, very late. He got out and wore his glasses as he walked towards the cafe, shaking his head. As he got to the table, he froze, amazed at the beauty in front of him.

"Eda..." He spoke, making her look at him.

Earlier...

Serkan had been waiting for Engin at the office as they were going to do a site visit with one of their clients who wanted to see the progress of the building. He had been trying to call him but he wouldn't pick up...but ALAS! He did.

"Ne yapıyorsun sen?" Serkan spoke.

"Abicim, Piril just left to take Can to school." Engin answered.

"Ne? We're gonna be late." He complained.

"Hayır, she said she will not be joining us."

"Öyle mi?"

"Evet...Also, just pick me up at the cafe. I'm going to get some coffee." Engin stated, as if Serkan wasn't already annoyed with the situation.

Serkan ended the call without response and pursed his lips in annoyance. Even though he didn't want to drive all the way to the cafe and pick up Engin, he had to...and his best friend played this card well.