Chapter 16

"Ah!" Selin shouted.

The police were quick to disarm her when she was about to shoot Serkan. They directly aimed to just graze her arm so she would drop the gun. As Selin held her arm in pain, the police gathered around her, handcuffing her as she was taken to the ambulance for medical treatment.

Not far off, Serkan had emerged from the water, carrying Eda in his arms. Paramedics rushed to the Turks Pier to give first aid, but when they got to the backside dock of the pier, they found Eda and Serkan already in a tight embrace. The sight made them smile.

"Excuse me, sir. We don't want to interrupt your moment but we really need to check madam's vitals." said the paramedic, giving them an innocent smile.

"Oh, sorry. Go ahead." responded Serkan as the paramedic started checking Eda.

"We'd like to get some blood tests and do observations at the hospital." advised the paramedic.

"Is it really necessary?" asked Eda.

"Yes, ma'am."

"I—"

"Eda, lütfen. You may say you're strong and you're fine but you went through a lot. Lütfen." Serkan pleaded.

"Tamam." She answered. Serkan then helped her up on the stretcher as the paramedics put an oxygen mask over her mouth, before they wheeled her out of the pier and to the ambulance with him following behind.

As they got to the ambulance, Eda quickly spotted Selin being taken to the police car after getting her wound patched up. She sat up from the stretcher and took off the oxygen mask.

"Ne güzel." She spoke, making sure Selin heard her.

Those who were nearby looked at her. "From handcuff engagement invitations to engaging in heinous crimes and inviting yourself to be handcuffed." said Eda.

"What a level up, Selin." added Eda before putting the oxygen mask back on her mouth and lying back down on the stretcher. Serkan couldn't help but smirk. Oh, Eda Yildiz. He thought.

When they got to the hospital, they put Eda in a private room in the ER where they kept her under observation and took blood tests. They also patched up Serkan's wounds from beating up one of Selin's men.

Knock...Knock...Knock...

The door slowly opened, revealing officer Clara and another officer. "Good evening." They greeted.

"Officers." Serkan nodded towards them.

"We don't mean to interrupt your rest, but we really need to talk to you about what happened." Officer Clara said to Eda.

"Mr. Bolat, my colleague will take you back to the police station for this. The questioning has to be done in separate private rooms. This is to ensure the secrecy of the information you provide. My apologies." added officer Clara.

"It's okay. I'm ready to do everything to put all of this behind us." said Serkan before turning to Eda. "I'll be back, aşkım." He gave her a kiss on the forehead then left with the other officer.

After Serkan went back to the hospital after an hour at the police station, Eda was ready to be checked out of the ER. She had passed all the tests and was free to go.

"Eda..." spoke Serkan.

"I offered to drop her off at the hotel but she insisted on waiting for you here." said officer Clara, who stayed with Eda until Serkan got back.