Chapter 11

Ring...Ring...Ring...

"Merhaba, Birol bey." Serkan said as he answered the call but then Eda grabbed his phone and put it on speaker.

"Merhaba, Serkan bey." He greeted back. "I know we sent an email following up about our London meeting, but I just wanted to call, personally."

"I just wanted to apologize for the short notice. Ama I hope you did not forget about our offer to have you and Eda Hanim in London." Mr. Birol spoke.

"Yok, yok." Serkan responded, earning a 'you're dead' look from Eda.

"Sevil and I will be taking a vacation next week so we decided to meet with you before this." Mr. Birol continued. "Merak etme, we've prepared a private jet for tomorrow's travel and a stay at the golf resort country club—of course, with separate bedrooms."

"Tamam, Birol bey. Teşekkürler." Serkan responded while Eda looked at him, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Bravo. Görüşürüz." Mr. Birol said with excitement.

"Görüşürüz." Serkan ended the call and looked at Eda who was glaring at him.

"Bravo, Serkan. Bravo." She said sarcastically, nodding and glaring at him. "What else will you decide on without telling me? What other secrets are you keeping?" She asked in anger before storming out of the office.

Serkan sighed, not because Eda was mad at him, but because of what Eda said. He knew that she meant this about him not telling her days ago that Mr. Birol had offered them to travel to London for the project, and also that he had made a decision of going to London without consulting her.

But to him, what she said had another implication—a more serious one.

After cooling off, Eda went back to Serkan's office and sat back down, not looking at him with her arms crossed over her chest. Lara just stood there the whole time, quietly observing the two. Suddenly, Eda turned to look at Serkan then sighed.

"Tamam. We'll go." Serkan nodded and smiled, already knowing that she was going to go anyway. "What time are we leaving?"

"Lara? Did Birol bey send any other info?" He asked, turning to his assistant.

"Evet." Lara answered, tapping on the tablet. "You have a private jet scheduled to leave at 10am, tomorrow. Two hotel rooms at the country club for 2 days. Your flight back to Istanbul has also been taken care of by Birol bey."

"Tamam." responded Eda.

"Email that info to us, Lara. Teşekkürler." Serkan instructed.

"Tamam, Serkan bey." She nodded. "Should I also go with you?" Her question made Eda raise a brow and scoff.

"There's no need." Eda answered, turning to Lara with a smirk on her face. This made Serkan look from Lara to Eda. Her response and reaction, made him smile amusingly as he could feel her jealousy.

"Evet. There's no need." He chimed in.

"Tamam, Serkan bey." Lara lastly said before leaving his office.

As Lara left, Serkan neared Eda and smiled. "Et Eda Yildiz...First Italy, and now, London."

Eda slowly looked at Serkan and couldn't help but gulp at how he smiled mischievously at her as he licked his lower lip. She then cleared her throat, bringing herself back to her senses.

"I...I will work upstairs. So, umm...if you need anything from me, I'll be at the office...upstairs." She rambled, making Serkan smile even more.

"Tamam." He nodded.