Chapter 18

"Tebrik ederim!" exclaimed Melo and Ayfer when Serkan and Eda arrived home from their drive.

"Ne? You knew?" asked Eda.

"Evet." They both answered.

"Even Kiraz knows." added Melo.

"I asked for their blessings." Serkan answered, making Eda look at him in awe.

"Ne zaman?"

"Last night."

"Nasıl?"

Eda and Serkan had gone through the whole afternoon buying gifts and other stuff for the birthday party tomorrow. When they got home, Eda realized that there were a few decorations that had to be picked up at Ayfer's house so Serkan went and left again.

"İyi akşamlar." Serkan greeted as Ayfer let him in.

"İyi akşamlar." She greeted back. "I guess you're here to pick up the decorations?"

"Evet." He smiled. "Ama, there's something else I wanted to talk to you about."

"Tamam, olur. What is it?" She asked.

"I want to get your blessing—I'm planning to propose to Eda."

This surprised Ayfer, leaving her speechless and just staring at Serkan. She did not expect something so sudden to come out of his mouth as a topic to be discussed at that very moment.

"Ayfer abla?" asked Melo as she came into the living room. "Ne oldu?" She asked Serkan.

"I was just—"

"Serkan is proposing to Eda." Ayfer suddenly spoke.

"Gerçekten mi?" asked Melo.

"Evet." Serkan answered.

"Ayy!" Melo exclaimed in excitement, lightly jumping up and down.

"Ne zaman?" She asked.

"Bilmiyorum, ama all I know is I want to do it as soon as possible." responded Serkan.

"What made you decide?" asked Ayfer.

"Yani, after the success of the trial, I don't think we should waste any more time. We are finally free of the past and can start anew. We can finally be happy." he answered.

"Tamam, o zaman, you have our blessing." said Melo and Ayfer.

"Çok teşekkür ederim, Ayfer Hanim ve Melo."

"You should start getting used to calling me baldız!" suggested Melo.

"He won't." answered Ayfer.

"Just this once, eni̇şte..."

Serkan smiled at Melo. "Tamam, baldız..."

"–now try calling me Hala..." said Ayfer.

Serkan chuckled. "Ayfer Hanim, görüşürüz." He lastly smiled before lightly waving at them then walking away to leave.

"Inat. Gizli inat." said Ayfer as he left.

Arriving home, Serkan found Eda already asleep in their bedroom, exhausted from all the preparations for Kiraz's birthday. He slowly walked back out to head to Kiraz's bedroom as he wanted to give her a good night kiss but he was surprised to find her out of her bed and staring outside the window.

"Kiraz? Why are you still awake?" He asked his daughter.

"I woke up from my sleep." She answered.