Chapter 8

It was already past 9 in the evening when Engin had received a call from Serkan, calling for an emergency meeting. He got nervous when his best friend had asked to bring Piril along and to also tell Erdem to meet them at the office as well.

"Teşekkür ederim for coming on such short notice Engin, Piril, Lara, and..." He then scrunched up his nose and shook his head before finishing his sentence. "...Erdem."

"Is Serkan bey thanking me?" Erdem asked, shocked and looking at Engin for confirmation.

"Sus, Erdem." Engin said, nudging Erdem to also take a seat. "Ne oldu, abicim?" asked Engin.

"I will be going to Italy on Saturday morning—"

"For what? We don't have any active nor pending projects in Italy." Piril stated.

"I will be going to Italy with Eda and Kiraz..." He answered.

"Allah, Allah. Are you back together?" Engin asked, not waiting for Serkan's response. "Süper, abi!" He exclaimed at his best friend.

"Hayır." Serkan said, looking sternly at Engin. "Eda has some stuff she needs to fix in Italy that's why we're going."

"Who said you were going?" asked Piril, certain that this was not Eda's plan.

"Ben." Serkan answered.

"And Eda agreed to this?" She asked again.

"Evet." He answered then shook his head. "It's complicated but I'm going." Serkan was having a hard time explaining the situation to his best friends as Erdem and Lara were also listening but indeed, Eda agreed—was forced to agree.

"I'm going to Italy with you." He smiled mischievously.

"Hayır ya!" Eda protested. "We're coming back in 3 days, Serkan."

"Yok, I'm going." He stated.

"And who says you are?"

"Who says I'm not?"

"Ya Serkan!"

"You know, Eda, even if you fly on Saturday without me, still expect that you'll be seeing me in Italy." He pointed out.

"You don't even know where we're going." She answered.

"It doesn't matter. I'll find you." He smiled playfully. "It's that or we're going together."

"Tamam, tamam!" It was no use arguing with him—she knew this well. Her surrender made Serkan smile even more as Eda just rolled her eyes at him.

"Peki." Piril answered.

"Can I say something?" Erdem asked, getting everyone's attention. "What exactly am I doing here?"

"I'll be sending you and Lara to Italy tomorrow." Serkan answered.

"NE?" Erdem exclaimed in surprise.

"This is not a vacation, Erdem." Serkan pointed out. "Anything that Eda needs done, handle it. Lütfen."

"Lara, Eda will be emailing you a list of things to do." He said to his assistant. "You'll be taking the first flight tomorrow. Tickets and hotel reservations have been sent to your email, Lara."

"Tamam, Serkan bey." Lara nodded.

"That's all." Serkan said.

"Tamam. O zaman, iyi geceler. Görüşürüz." said Engin as they all stood up and headed to leave for the night.