Chapter 13

"Nasılsınız, Eda?" asked Ceren.

"İyiyim, iyiyim." Eda answered.

"You said you wanted to talk about something important?" Ceren asked.

"Evet." Eda looked at Serkan who was intently listening to their conversation on speaker phone. "I need you for a case—"

"A case? Ne oldu?" Ceren interrupted Eda, worried at the mere mention of filing a case as her concern was protecting her friend.

"Serkan wants to file a case against Selin...and he needs your help—we need your help." Eda answered.

"Ne?" At this point, Ceren was even more confused. "Serkan? Selin? Ne demek istiyorsun, Eda?"

"It's a long story...but can you fly here tonight? Are you busy with anything else?"

Ceren could hear the desperation in her best friend's voice. "I'm here...in Turkey."

"Ne?" It was now Eda's turn to be surprised.

"Ah, they've arrived." whispered Serkan, which confused Eda.

"Merak etme, Eda. Ferit and I will see you tomorrow at Art Life. I need to better understand what is happening...and I need the whole honest story." Ceren said, knowing that Serkan was listening.

"Uhh...Tamam." Eda responded, agreeing to what Ceren said.

"Tamam. Görüşürüz." answered Ceren.

"Görüşürüz." Eda ended the call, staring at her phone for a few seconds, confused. She then looked at Serkan who just raised her eyebrows at her.

"Ne?" He asked.

"What did you mean when you said 'they've arrived'?" She asked.

"This is why you should always read the papers you sign, Eda...or were you too preoccupied thinking of me?" He playfully asked.

"Serkan." She said sternly.

"Tamam. The papers you signed in London were Ferit's power of return to the holding." He answered. "Like you, when Ferit and Ceren left for London, he froze his power in the holding. Then when you decided to come back, I signed papers to return your power—it goes the same for Ferit. Since we are both now in the holding, we both have to sign a similar document for Ferit. Hence, why Engin had to go to London and have you sign the papers I had also signed the day before we left." He explained.

"Tamam. Then why did I just not sign it when you did?" She asked, trying to understand the whole situation.

"There was a mistake in the holding, not everyone was informed that you were already back so some assistants were not able to include your name on the print." He explained.

"Tamam. So now that Ferit's power is back, is this why they're here in Istanbul?" She asked.

"Evet. He also has to sign some papers. Ama I'm not entirely sure why they came since I insisted that we'll just mail it to him at his office in London." He answered, starting to get curious at the main reason why they came.

"Tamam. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow." She answered, sighing as she shrugged.

"Neyse..." Serkan sat on the edge of the table and pulled Eda towards him, making her stand in between his legs. "Where were we? Ah...my kiss." He smiled mischievously.

"Tamam." Eda smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. He deserves it after 2 failed kiss attempts. She thought.

They both leaned in, Serkan smiling stupidly as he was overjoyed at finally getting the kiss he wanted since arriving at work. Eda rested her forehead on Serkan's and rubbed her nose on his, before leaning in to plant a soft kiss on his lips. As he was about to pull Eda closer to close the gap between them, the door to his office, once again swung open, making Eda jump away from Serkan...again.