Chapter 7

As Eda and Serkan's night continued at the resort—sitting on the couch at their hotel room balcony as they looked at the beautiful night sky. All Serkan could think about was that all his worries about Yusuf were gone. But what is itching him now is finding out the story on why she is so close to him.

"If you don't mind me asking..." Serkan spoke. "...what's the story behind you and Yusuf?" He asked but Eda just smiled and shook her head—she was expecting this.

"I met Yusuf again two years after we broke up..." This statement made Serkan look down, ashamed of what happened. "...I bumped into him during a convention..."

"Eda?" A man's voice called out, making Eda look up.

"Yusuf?" They both smiled, surprised to see each other after such a long time.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, confused at what he was doing at an architecture & design convention.

"I'm here to market my company, of course...and also look out for potential partners and clients." He explained as Eda started to remember that he owned a manufacturing company.

"I—"

"Eda?" Another voice came, surprising Eda even more.

"Fidan?"

"How are you? It's been a long time!" Fidan exclaimed as she engulfed Eda in a hug.

"You know each other?" Yusuf suddenly asked.

Both women looked at him and smiled. "Evet." They answered.

"We were classmates back in university." Eda answered. "How do you guys know each other?" She asked.

"Fidan is my lovely wife." answered Yusuf as he wrapped his arm around Fidan.

This made Eda smile—how adorable they looked. She was happy that Yusuf had found happiness and love. Especially with a person as great as Fidan. How she wished the same for herself with the person she loved.

"Bi dakka...Yusuf has a wife?" Serkan asked.

"Evet."

"Why have I not seen her?" He asked, confused.

"I think it's because you're focusing too much on Yusuf. Seeing as all this time you thought that we were together." Eda teased and rolled her eyes.

"Komik mi?" He asked sarcastically.

"Kidding aside, she works in a different time zone so she wakes up late and works late." She added.

"So this is why I usually just see you and Yusuf in the house?" He asked.

"Evet."

"Speaking of houses...are you staying with them or are they staying at your house? Because I find this very confusing." He asked, again.

Eda smiled, amused at Serkan's confusion and bursts of questions. "The house...is theirs."

"A—bu—" He shook his head trying to find the words to say. "So why are you staying with them?"

"I'm designing their house." She answered, plain and simple.

Serkan chuckled, confused at Eda's answer as it didn't give much explanation. "Tamam. Ama it still doesn't make sense why you and Kiraz are staying there."

Eda didn't answer and just kept silent. "Stay at my place." He suggested.

"Serkan."

"I think it'll be better. We get to spend more time together..." Eda raised her eyebrow at him. "...yani...sen, ben ve Kiraz."