Chapter 7

It has been a week since my family was once again taken from me and I sought comfort from my tree house.

Why must my family always be taken from me?

Why must I be such a bearer of horror and burden?

Twice. I've lost my family twice. I've come to live in this tree house twice. I've been loved twice. I've had normalcy twice. I've loved twice. Twice I have left another life.

I have spiralled down, down, down putting back up all my old walls plus some to protect myself from the harsh world outside. I stopped eating three days ago. I don't move much, I move when necessary. I huddle on my bed wrapped in blankets listening to the birds in the trees and the wind blows leaves away. All I think about is the life I have abandoned. I could have stayed and gone to live with Jasper and Zen. Like last time.

I miss Zen. I miss the warmth of family. I miss being loved. I miss having people to talk to.

******************************************************************

3 WEEKS LATER

It's been a month since I have seen or heard from anyone. I eat occasionally only because I promised I would live and starving myself would only kill me and break that promise. The only way that promise would be broken would be if someone killed me, apart from that I will do what it takes to live.

**

It's probably about midday and I'm sitting staring at nothing when I hear a familiar knock on the trap door, Kimberly. How do I know? Well we made a knock code so I would know if it's her or someone else.

I crawl over to the trap door, unlock it and open it.

Kimberly climbs up and pulls me into a hug, "Chloe I'm so happy to see you but what are you doing here? Where's your new family?" She asks as she pulls back and sits beside me.

I shut the trap door and look at her, "They were taken so I came back here. There were people I could've gone to live with but I feel safe here so I came back."

"You probably have tons of people worried about you. People who care about you might think your dead."

"It's a good thing people think I'm dead then because at the moment I'm more dead than alive."

"Oh my sweet Chloe. I'm gonna come stay here with you for a little while. It's my holidays and I would love to spend it with you up here, we can catch up on everything."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to. I'll stay for a couple more hours then I'll go get my stuff from home and come back."

"Ok. But what about your family?"

"Well they know that I like camping so I'll say that I'm going to do that."

"Ok."

Kimberly sat and talked about anything and everything. I told her of my date with Zen (though she doesn't know about vampires) and all about my wonderful family. I showed her pictures and my cool new devices. We sat like that for 2-3 hours then Kimberly ran off home to get her stuff and food.

********************************************************************