Chapter 8

I wake up the next morning and stretch. 'Good morning Molly.' 'Good morning Chloe, how are you feeling?' 'Good but I really wanna try some of the powers' 'Of course. Ok let's start with controlling things with your mind. Look at an object and then think about lifting it.' 'Ok.'

I decided to start with a blanket, something that wouldn't break. I looked at the blanket and thought about lifting it and it lifted.

'I wanna try more' ' You will have to wait until later your friend Kimberly is here.' 'Can I not tell Kimberly?' ' If you trust her then yes.' 'I do'

Kimberly did her knock code and I unlocked and opened the trap door with my mind just to test it out and it worked. This is amazing.

"Hey Chloe. You look happier today. Why are you still in your pj's?"

"Hey Kim. And I am happier today. And because I just woke up like 5 minutes ago."

"Ok."

"Kim I have something I have to tell you."

"Ok?"

"I'm a guardian."

"Ok, what's that."

"A very powerful being above humans and mythical creatures."

"Did you hit your head? There's no such thing as mythical creatures."

"No. And yes there is. Look I'll show you one of the things I can do."

I looked over at the trap door and thought about it closing and locking and it did.

Shock and excitement was spread across Kimberly's face. "That is so awesome! So are you like some super human now?"

"Kinda I guess. But Kim you can't tell anyone, ok?"

"Ok I promise."

"I'm going to train up and use my powers to save my family."

"What kinda powers do you have?"

"Lots. I'll explain another time. Let's just chill out. Oh and could you take my phone with you tonight and charge it then bring it back tomorrow?"

"Yea sure thing."

"Cool, thanks."

*******************************************************************************

Kimberly and I were standing outside when she said, "I start school back up soon."

"Oh yea. Are you excited?"

"No. I'm a loner at school and my family hate me, so either way I'm stuck."

"Kim, I understand that your family don't exactly like you but they don't hate you."

"Whatever."

"Plus I'm your family and I love you."

"Yeah but your a different kind of family, your not blood related, you don't have to love me."

"True but I count for something don't I?"

"Of course you do." She says and pulls me into a hug.

"When do you have to be home?" I ask as we pull back from our hug.

"In bout an hour."

"Ok you wanna watch me train."

"Sure."