A Stroll in the Moonlight

The school year resumed as the students returned back to Hogwarts. Penny had stayed over the holidays talking with Fae about Ben, Chiara, and the others. Penny admitted that she was already getting engaged to Ben. Fae congratulated her, although she was a little surprised by the news. Ben had never shown any type of interest in Penny while they were in Hogwarts, considering he was always nervous or shy and stuck with Fae most of them time. Guess love can change over the years. Penny told Fae that she was going to stay a little longer at Hogwarts to gather some potion ingredients for her shop.

Fae was walking in the hallway, heading towards the dungeons until she spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione. "Mr. Potter, I would like a word with you. Along with you two as well. I cannot keep covering for you. I know that you three are up to something." She spoke as she stopped them. The three flinched realizing that they were caught and neither said a word to her. Fae turned to Harry, who stared silently back at her. "Can you tell me why you were in the forbidden section of the library on Christmas?"

Harry looked over at Ron and Hermione who were shaking or nodding their heads if he should say something. Harry turned back to Fae.

"In the forbidden corridor, we know what Fluffy's guarding. The sorcerers stone. It can give the user eternal life. We think that Snape is trying to steal it." He told her. Fae's eyes widened a little before she narrowed them in confusion. How could they've known about the stone? It was supposed to be top secret.

"What makes you think that?" She asked Harry.

"He tried to kill me in the Quidditch match, and we think that it was he who let the troll in on Halloween." Harry told her.

"You must know what we are talking about having looked for the cursed vaults." Hermione pointed out. Ron nodded his head in agreement. Fae let out a tired sigh "That is a completely different thing." then looked at them.

"How is it different? You sneaked out after curfew did you not?" Ron asked. Fae looked down at the floor, feeling her chest growing tighter with regret. Rowan...

She missed them so much. If only she hadn't been so obsessed with the vaults, then maybe they would still be alive today. They were dead because of her. She is not letting these three take this path, not again. Fae frowned at him then Harry and Hermione and shook her head.

"I cannot believe that this is coming out of my mouth. But this needs to stop. You children are meddling in things that you cannot comprehend. This is getting dangerous. The stone is well guarded. What you need to be doing is focus on your studies and having fun. Do not go anywhere near the forbidden corridor anymore. Not unless you want to get yourselves killed or worse someone else." Harry, Ron and Hermione's eyes widened at what Fae had said. Fae saw their mouths dropped slightly and she turned walking away from them as she left. "Have a good evening, you three."

As the three watched her leave, Hermione turned to Harry. "Harry, maybe she's right." Harry shook his head.

"Once a Slytherin, always a Slytherin." Ron retorted. "You can't trust any of them."

"No, the stone's is in danger of being stolen. I know it and Snape's going to get it somehow. If we only knew how to get past Fluffy." Harry spoke.

"Are we still going to Hagrid's tonight?" Ron asked him. Harry nodded.

"Yeah."

Later on, that night, Fae was in the potion's classroom with Severus. Severus was sorting through the ingredients as he used his wand to make them fly up on the shelf. He stopped and glanced over at Fae seeing her muttering quietly under her breath as she helped him. "You seem to be awfully tense. Something on you mind, Miss Craft?"