The Boy Who Lived

As Fae left quickly as she did, slamming the door behind her. She heard the sound of glass shattering. She sighed and looked down, staring at her feet. Why did she had to go and tick him off? Fae walked down the dungeon through the dark dimly lit corridors, heading towards the Great Hall. As she turned around a corner, Fae, suddenly collided with someone. She fell back and landed hard on her butt onto the cement floor.

"O-Oh, d-d-dear, p-p-please e-excuse me. I-I didn't see you,"

She hears a nervous voice as they stuttered. She looked up and saw a timid man, wearing a dark purple robe and turban on his head.

"It was my fault," Fae said. "I wasn't looking where I going."

He stared at her for a moment, slightly fidgeting with his hands, nervously. Fae suddenly felt unease my him. She couldn't breathe. It was as if a dark presence was pressing down on her. She felt her breath begin to shake as she struggled to breathe. There was something about this man that seemed off. Something evil...

"A-Are you a-alright," The man asked. "D-Do y-you need h-help?"

"No, I'm fine," Fae murmured.

She stood up brushing the dirt off from her robes.

"Thank you for asking," She smiled, nervously. "Who are you?"

"I'm t-teaching the D-Defense Against the D-Dark Arts C-Class," He said. "Quirinus Q-Quirrell."

Fae had to get away. Everything about this man was screaming danger to her. She shifted around him.

"Nice to meet you. But, I really must get going." Fae said. "The sorting ceremony about to begin soon."

"O-Oh, then d-don't let me keep you, d-dear," Quirrell smiled, nervously. "See you, s-soon."

"Y-Yeah," Fae replied. "See you there."

Fae quickly walked away as she sprinted down the hallway. As she left, Quirrell smile suddenly dropped. His eyes turned cold as he glared at her.

"Yes, master," Quirrell said, quietly with no stutter. "This is troublesome indeed."

He walked away with his footsteps echoing down the hallway as he did.

At the Great Hall, Fae arrived as well as the rest of the staff and students and took their seats waiting for the new students to arrive. Fae took a seat at the end of the table next to Snape, who was sitting next to Quirrell. Then Fae felt the dark presence again as it pressed down on her like an enormous weight on her shoulders. Fae bit her lip as her mind screamed in pain.

She had never felt anything like this before, especially when chasing after dark wizards. She gripped the arms of the chair tightly, her breath began to shake. Frowning, Snape looked over at her when he sensed that something wasn't right and he was taken back at what he saw that he nearly jumped out of his seat. The witch's skin was pale white, like a ghost. It was even whiter than his. She looked like she was going to pass out.

He whispered quietly to her. "Is everything alright?" He asked in an monotonous voice.

Fae shook her head brushing off the feeling. She struggled to catch her breath. "I'm fine," She answered. "It's nothing to be concerned about."

Silently, Snape stared at her for a moment. He didn't believe her. Not even a second. Something was clearly wrong for her to be acting like this. Then he saw her glancing over at Quirrell before looking away.

Then, the doors opened and McGonagall walked in with the new students, who followed behind her.

A small boy caught Fae's attention, who stood out from the other students, and she instantly realized who it was. He wearing round glasses and short dark black hair and green eyes, with a lightning bolt scar on his forehead. Harry Potter. ​​​​

"You should've been mine." A voice protruded her mind.

Fae's eyes widen in surprise when she recognized who's voice it was. Severus.

She was surprised by this. Usually Snape was good at keeping his thoughts to himself or so she thought. Back when she was a student, Fae had discovered that she had the ability to read minds when she heard her brother's voice calling out to her. So Dumbledore hired Snape to teach her Occlumency. He blocked every attempt, to no avail. She couldn't penetrate his mind. Now, She was hearing his thoughts. Something really unnerving must have set him off for him to lower his defenses so easily.

Fae turned her head looking at him silently. She saw him staring at the boy with an intense stare. Fae saw the boy staring back at Snape then she saw him touch his scar as if he was in pain. She frowned, confused then looked back towards Snape to see him looking at Quirrell.

"Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words," McGonagall said.

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce," Dumbledore said. "The first years please note, that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds. To everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you,"

Fae stared at the old headmaster with a confused look by what he had said, but also curious as to why the Third -floor corridor was closed off.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head you will be sorted into your houses," McGonagall explained. Then she read the list in her hand. "Hermione Granger."

A small girl with frizzy hair, nervously walked up and took a seat on the stool. McGonagall placed the hat on her head.

"Gryffindor!"

"Draco Malfoy," McGonagall called out. A boy with blond hair walked up and sit down. As McGonagall lowered the hat on to his head.

"Slytherin!" The hat exclaimed out before it even touched Draco's head.

"Ronald Weasley," McGonagall called out.

A boy with red hair walked up and took and took a seat. The hat was placed on his head.

"Gryffindor!"

"Harry Potter," McGonagall called out.

Harry walked up and took a seat on the stool. McGonagall placed the hat on his head. Then Fae noticed that boy was mouthing silently as if he was having a conversation with the hat but no one could hear them. She smiled.

"Gryffindor!" The hat exclaimed.