Friendly Beast

Marinette was now designing her next cloak in black on her mannequin. That fight last night really inspired her. She did directly see the beast that looked a bit like a man and a feline at the same time. But she couldn't make out what it really looked like.

"If I need to learn more about it, I have to get to know what it is," She said while designing.

"Meow?" Tikki meowed.

"That creature didn't hurt me. It saved me" Marinette said, finishing the last touch of putting a green paw print medal on the knot.

"It's perfect, no wait. It's purrfect" She made a cat pun.

She tries it on and checks herself in the mirror, "So meowing" She giggled.

Tikki walks up to Marinette and nuzzled her legs.

"Aww...What do you think, Tikki?" Marinette asked.

"Meow" Tikki jumps into her arms.

"I take that as a I like it," Marinette said.

"Meow" Tikki meowed.

"You know. That creature looked like it had a human body figure but its hind legs were like an animal's. Maybe it is a Werecat" Marinette pets her cat. She knew she had to wait until dusk to find it.

Later on, she was on a walk around Paris. The Notre Dame was still standing for centuries. Marinette looks up at it seeing its many gargoyles and statues standing.

"It's beautiful," She said quietly to herself.

Protestors grew loudly that they are getting tired of the mayor's daughter being a brat every day.

"Here we go again" Marinette watched them.

They all want the mayor to restrain Chloe and make her learn to be nice rather than cause miserable lives.

"We're done with your daughter's mean remarks Mayor!" One villager said.

"She has ranted about everything being ridiculous!"

"You need to raise her with discipline!"

"People, please! I'm doing my best!" The mayor said timidly.

Marinette saw how the villagers weren't buying it from him. She rolled her eyes in annoyance, not wanting to get involved in this. She walks outside the village and into the woods to have a picnic by herself.

After a few walks she found a small meadow, "This will do" She placed her basket down.

She picks up an apple and took a bite out of it while observing her surroundings. Forest creatures came in and saw a lovely girl in a hood having a picnic. A few birds landed near her and Marinette fed them some seeds. The male deer was curious about her.

"Hello there," Marinette pets him between his antlers.

What they don't know was that the beast was watching her, observing her behavior and nature. Staying hidden in the trees to not be seen. Its green eyes never left her out of sight.

"My sweet friends," Marinette said as the animals surrounds her.

Rabbits and squirrels chatter, "Come here" Marinette picked up one squirrel and pets him.

Hidden in the tree, the creature's slit eyes slowly change to human eyes, staring quietly at the girl. Never before has it seen such a gentle human being. Whenever he sees a human, they just run away in fright. But this was just new to him. He then sees a couple of hunters with shotguns and he lowly growled that they see the girl playing with the forest animals. His eyes returned to feline types and he ran towards the hunters.

"Hey! You're scaring them!" Marinette yelled at the hunters barging in rudely.

"Oh, sorry young lady" They heard her.

"Don't play innocent! I know you like skinning them alive as decorations!" Marinette yelled at them.

"Stand aside girl!" One hunter warned.

"What are you gonna do? Shoot me?! They'll hang you for killing a child!" Marinette threatened them.

"No, but we're taking you with us!" The hunter grabs her.

"RAAAAAARGH!!!" A loud yowling was heard.

"What the hell?!" The hunter heard it.

Jumping out of the trees stood the werecat, looking all fierce.

"The werecat!" The hunters took their rifles out to fire at him.

"LOOK OUT!!" Marinette shouted at the beast.

The werecat pounced at the leader and snapped his gun in half with his bare hands. The other hunters dropped Marinette and tried to run.

"RAAAAARRRGH!!!" The werecat roared to scare them off.

He turns around and looks down at Marinette. She quickly stumbles backward, afraid of what the creature is gonna do. The beast made purring noises to calm her down, gesturing that he won't hurt her. He simply crawls on all fours, sniffing her scent of delicious macaroons that he liked. Marinette's breath was rapid and remains still to not frighten the Werecat.

"Okay, okay, easy" She whimpered.

The beast growled softly, sniffing her and he unexpectedly licked her cheek affectionately, "Meow"

"Huh? Oh, thanks Kitty" She carefully pets him.

"Puuuuuurrrrrr" The Werecat purred affectionately, loving to be petted by a person.

"You seem really cute when not menacing," Marinette said.

The Werecat wished he could show her his human form but he didn't want to frighten her more. So instead, he played like a wild cat.

"Why did you save me that night?" Marinette asked, knowing that this creature can't talk. The werecat wished he could explain.

"Well, I should say thanks for saving my life, again," Marinette said.

The werecat nuzzled her as if saying "You're welcome".

"Why do you come to the village at night?" Marinette asked and the Werecat simply gestures to the fish in her basket.

"Ah, you were hungry" Marinette understood.

"Meow" The beast meowed as a way of saying yes but it was more than just eating fish.

"Okay then. Well, it's nice getting to know you have a gentle side" Marinette said, "Unless you do have a human mind" She added and the werecat nodded, "I knew it. You are a person. Though I presume you're stuck like this" She guessed.

The beast shook his head that he can change back at will but he's still nervous to reveal himself when he's half-naked as a human.

"Oh, never mind then" Marinette shrugs.

She then looks into the sky with him. She guessed that this beast has been very lonely without a friend for too long.

"Hey, Kitty. The name's Marinette" She told him her name.

"Meow" The Werecat liked her name.

"I suppose Cat Noir would be a fitting name for you or just Kitty," Marinette said.

"Meow" He licked her cheek again.

"Cat Noir it is" Marinette scratched his chin and Cat Noir purred in delight, "Aww....you like that?" Marinette asked.

Cat Noir nodded and she scratched him again.