Chapter 21-25

Chapter 21: Hua House No Longer for Sale

After entering Fan Hua Town, a strange phenomenon could be seen. Many of the villagers were heading to the east side of the town while muttering repeatedly, "There's a show! There's a show to watch!"

Su Shuilian and Lin Si Yao exchanged questioning looks, puzzled as to what was going on. As they were about to ask someone, a cry was heard, "Aiya, girl! Girl, you came just in time!"

"Aunt Lao! Did something happen?" Su Shuilian could not help but ask as she looked at Madam Lao who was panting heavily.

"Aiya, bad news," Madam Lao said as she patted her chest. When she finally caught her breath, she pulled Su Shuilian towards the east as she continued, "Let's talk as we walk. This thing ah, it's also related to you."

As she listened to Madam Lao talk, Su Shuilian realized that this furor concerned her. Su Shuilian shook her head and sighed. However, the warmth of Lin Si Yao's hand on the back of her hand brought her mind back to a tranquil state.

Originally, when Su Shuilian and Liu-shi had signed the contract and exchanged the payment of forty-two silver, the Hua Family was supposed to go to the city to inform the eldest son of the sale. However, once they had arrived, they soon found out that the residence that they had wanted to purchase for fifty-six taels had already been sold to another person.

So now, the Hua House was in an uproar. With the contract signed, payment received, and everything set to move out today. However, now they had no house to move into. After looking around the city, they realized that the cheapest house for sale was priced at seventy-five taels and this house did not include any furniture.

Madam Hua was put in an awkward position because of this situation. The eldest daughter-in-law was scolded endlessly, leaving her nothing to say other than to protest, "We won't be able to live unless we do not sell the house!"

Hearing that their lives were at stake, the town elder, Wang Gengfa, was asked by the Madam of Tian House who had lived closest to the Hua Household to preside over this debacle. Soon after, all of the villagers had caught wind of this news and quickly ran over to watch the commotion.

"Ai, don't worry, miss. Even if the Hua House were to regret, the town elder will pass judgment. To only do things that benefit them, but when they find out that there are no longer gains, do they think that they can go back just like that? Hmph, it won't be that easy. And no matter how they react, we will give justice to you." While criticizing the Hua House's irresponsible intentions, Madam Lao also took the opportunity to reassure Su Shuilian.

Su Shuilian let out another sigh. If the Hua House wanted to renege on their agreement, she would not make it difficult for them. After all, it was originally their house. To push them out would be robbery. It seemed that they would have to renew their search for another house now.

"Don't worry. At worst, we would just need to stay at an inn for a few more days." Seeing her depressed state, Lin Si Yao comforted her gently as he started to think about just living in the city.

As for the money, while accompanying Su Shuilian around the city, he noticed a wanted poster with a reward. The task was to capture a few measly thieves.

As one of the top assassins of Feng Yao Court, to catch these criminals in broad daylight... And with the ensuing reputation, if Feng Yao Court were to be able to track him down, he was afraid that they would hurt this little woman beside him.

Su Shuilian looked up at Lin Si Yao's frowning face that was full of worry. How sweet, he was worried about her. Despite his frosty demeanor, she could clearly see the worry in his eyes.