Chapter 121-125

Chapter 121: Encounter at Tian You Street

Tian You was the most bustling street in imperial city. Shops crowded next to each other on both sides of the street.

It was the seventh day, and there were no more armed guards patrolling on the street, which made the street recover its lively atmosphere. However, observing carefully, people could feel a strange air filling every corner.

By the afternoon, behind a curtain of a restaurant, "Hey guys, do you think the Emperor regretted his decision? He didn't want the Third Princess to throw the embroidered ball to choose a Fuma, but because he didn't want to lose face, he..."

"SHH! You don't need your head anymore? You dare talk about the Emperor!"

"Am I wrong? The Emperor is also human. How could he not keep his words?

"Didn't the imperial palace post their apology! They said that there's some national matter to be taken care of. The Emperor was reluctant when he decided to cancel the parade and the Fuma's choosing ceremony yesterday."

"Posted their apology? Psst, it's for the three-year-old kids and you to be so gullible! I think the Emperor just doesn't want to let the Third Princess marry common people like us."

"I heard that the Emperor wanted to hold an open tournament. Who wins that tournament can marry the Third Princess."

"Really? Where did you get that news?"

"From the imperial palace, earlier this morning. You should know that my wife's brother has a brother-in-law who works in the imperial palace."

"If so, could this be eighty or ninety percent true?"

"What if it's true! They said it should be a fair competition, but who knows if something is arranged beforehand..."

"Well, what if it was just some simple exercises! Perhaps I could be that lucky guy!"

"Psst, I guess you will be eliminated right at the first round..."

"What? You look down on me?"

"No, I didn't look down on you. It's just that your appearance is too offensive. The Princess' Fuma must visit the imperial palace frequently. Look at your noble appearance... tsk tsk.."

"All you do is point at others. If you think you're so good, how about you try?! Coward!"

"You! Fine! I will try! I'm good at literature and even martial arts. Why would I be afraid of this trivial contest!"

"Keep boasting!"

"Don't you believe me..."

...

"It's indeed livelier than Fan Luo Town." Su Shuilian sat by the window on the second floor of a tea house. She looked down at the crowded street and noted with a tender smile.

"There are many people living in Feng Cheng. Just counting the permanent residents here, the number's seven or eight times more than in Fan Luo City. Let alone the tourists who come and leave every day. Excluding the imperial palace, Feng Cheng is the size of five Fan Luo Cities. With half of the land occupied by the mansions of the officials and aristocrats, it's no wonder why Feng Cheng feels more crowded." Liang En Zai sat opposite her. He also looked at the street, smiling and explaining.

Today, he received his father's order to take his sister and his brother-in-law to Tian You Street, the most bustling street for an outing. What happened yesterday had troubled them the whole day, and they hadn't had time to treat Lin Si Yao's group, who had just arrived from a far place.