Chapter 86-90

Chapter 86: The Fourth Young Lady of Prince Jing's Mansion?

"Sir, we're from the Imperial City. We're here to find someone. Could we get inside to rest for a while and have some tea? Of course, we don't take things for granted." This time, when one of the servants saw that a young but cold and serene man opened the doors, he smiled to create a good impression on the other and took out a silver. He believed that the other would become polite and invite them to get to the house and rest. In fact, the chief manager and momo* were more than fifty years old. How could they endure the summer heat like this!

(momo/ 嬷嬷- can be used as a suffix for an elderly lady or a wet nurse)

Moreover, it was a whole silver! To the people in such a rural and poor village, it was enough for one person to live on for the whole year. Such a good deal, he didn't think that this man, although not like a rural person at all, would deny.

"Apologies, we're not a tea house or an inn. Guests, please leave. At your four-horse carriages' speed, I think you can return to the lively city where you can find everything in less than fifteen minutes." Lin Si Yao stood at his door, stopping the others, his face emotionless. Compared to Situ Yun's excuse to shoo them away, it was not much better.

"Sir!" When the servant called after him, he felt cold air gathered around Lin Si Yao. He was suppressed, trembling backward to the old man.

"Cough... Cough..." The old man pretended to cough. He turned to look at the elder woman, who couldn't endure the blazing sunlight anymore and she already got a fever, shaking his head. "We should go to the city and rest first." Though they didn't have much time, they didn't know if they could find the Fourth Young Lady before the Elder Wangye (Prince Jing)...

"But..." The old woman was surprised, looking at Liang An. He... Wasn't he always more worried than I am? Why would he... The old woman tried to support her body which was about to faint, leaning against the wall.

"No more talking. Your body can't endure such a long wait." Moreover, the old man thought his head, his intelligence report wasn't completely sure either; perhaps, the woman in this house wasn't Prince Jing's Mansion's Fourth Young Lady. They had come here without rest or sleep for several days. But now, their hope has slowly diminished.

"A Yao... They..." Su Shuilian followed Lin Si Yao to the main gate. She was curious, pointing at the group of people standing by her doors. Lin Si Yao cursed under his breath.

"Damn it!" Because he was listening to the other two's conversation, he didn't close the doors. It was too late: Su Shuilian had seen them.

"Fourth Young Lady!" the group of maids cried in surprise.

"Fourth Young Lady!" the servants inhaled.

"Fourt Young Lady!" ...the two elders exchanged looks after they cried, both disbelief and astonishment.

Facing the Fourth Young Lady of Prince Jing's Mansion, whom they hadn't met for a year and a half, pregnant, there was no need to mention how shocked they were. The rapid train of thoughts from Lin Si Yao's consideration was interrupted by Su Shuilian's next words.

"You guys... mistook me with someone else..." Su Shuilian was perplexed, turning around to see Lin Si Yao and then looked back at the others. She said immediately, but then, she got a big possibility arising in her head: This body was actually the Fourth Young Lady that the others had mentioned. Oh my God, she had tried hard to hide but she still had to face them so soon?

"Fourth Lady... You don't recognize this momo?" The old woman shivered. Her two maids were trying to support her to walk to Su Shuilian.

Su Shuilian shook her head. "Auntie, did you mistake me with someone else? I'm not the Fourth Young Lady you've mentioned. I'm Su Shuilian, and now I'm Madam Lin," she answered with a smile. Although she felt guilty that she had possessed the girl's body, she knew that, no matter what, she couldn't give in and disclose the details.