Chapter 111-115

Chapter 111: Wait!

Perhaps, he could take Shuilian and the twins out of here, moving to the fiery land by the sea. But what about her parents and brother?

"I understand. The kids and I will wait for your safe return. Of course, it would be great if you come home before the New Year." Su Shuilian smiled, comforting him. In return, she got a deep, lingering kiss from Lin Si Yao.

"I wrote a letter to your brother in imperial city. About you and the kids, Situ Yun is the most proficient in terms of skills. He'll stay and protect you day and night. And, his junior and senior brothers will take turns to protect you guys. I will come home soon. Shuilian, I'm sorry! I said I would protect you and I would never go anywhere far, but now..."

"A Yao, you don't need to talk anymore! It's not something you can decide. It's about the country's security. It's about people in our country. Even if it has only a one percent chance, we still have to prepare beforehand." Su Shuilian covered Lin Si Yao's lips, trying to stop him from blaming himself.

"You and Si Chong must be careful. No matter what happens, just remember that me and the kids are here, waiting for you."

"Don't worry! The purpose of my trip is to bring Si Luo home. I promise you I won't act rashly." Lin Si Yao nodded, promising. How could he not know what she was implying? Since they met in Mount Da Shi, they had never parted throughout the past two years.

"Mhn, it's good that you understand. This, I sewed this into an inner pocket in your bag." Su Shuilian pointed at the empty, purple gourd on the table. It had around one and a half spoon of Jade Heart Immortal Marrow. She had poured them all into a small bottle and placed it in his bag. "This is for in case anything unexpected happens."

"Shuilian..." Lin Si Yao hugged her tightly, calling her name, his voice low and husky. It was a while before he let her go, looking at the twins who were sleeping peacefully in their cribs. Lin Si Yao picked up the bag, heading out. He saw Si Chong waiting for him outside. They seized the chance when it was still dark to leave Fan Hua Town, heading to the West Corridor.

Su Shuilian leaned against the column in front of the house, silently watching the two leaving until their vigorous figures disappeared from her sight.

"My Shifu and Uncle will be alright." It was unclear when Situ Yun had arrived behind her, but he softly added a single sentence.

"Mhn, they'll be alright," Su Shuilian nodded, taking her eyes off the mountain far away. She returned to the room. A Yao wasn't home, but she still needed to work and rest properly.

She wouldn't follow the women in folktales who only stood and waited for the rest of their lives, until they turned into a stone statue.

She had to take care of Xiao-er and Long-er, also all the many meticulous and miscellaneous chores at home. In short, she hoped that when A Yao came home, she would be able to give him back his warm, happy family as it always was.

-----

Si Chong's twenty-four disciples and Situ Yun had always protected the twins. It turned out that all twenty-five aldolestences, all roughly fourteen years old, could have so much fun with Lin Xiao and Lin Long, who weren't even two-months old.

Actually, they could only play with the kids when they were awake. They took turns to guard (play with) the babies and guard Guangci House. After years of cooperation, they'd trained and formed good habits for themselves even when their Shifu wasn't here.

"Tomorrow would be New Year's Eve." Su Shuilian leaned against the window frame. She mumbled while watching the clear crescent moon hanging in the sky.