Chapter 36-40

Chapter 36: Junior Wedding Banquet

Su Shuilian, covered with her bridal veil, was led out by a group of poniang. Immediately after, with the help of Aunt Lao, the other side of the bridal bolt was handed to Lin Si Yao who had hurriedly stepped forward.

The two, with the walked to the table of offerings.

"The auspicious event has begun!" Using his loud voice, Feng Laoliu yelled while also clanking on the gong in his hands.

This quieted the noisy crowd.

"First bow to the Heaven and Earth!"

"Second bow to your elders*!"

(高堂 - honorific for one's parents)

"Pay your respects to each other"

"The ceremony is complete! Bring her to the marital/bridal chamber!"

"Ahaha..."

"Congrats! Congrats!"

"Give birth to a son soon!*"

(早生貴子 - propitiatory compliment to the newly-weds)

During this time, Su Shuilian had felt that everything was so dream-like. With Aunt Lao and Aunt Tian by her side during the ritual, she had almost forgotten how to breathe and could only smell the light scent of the man standing near her. With the veil on her, Su Shuilian was only able to see his black shoes that she had made for him. He had genuinely and closely stayed by her side this whole time. And in the hustle and noise of the surrounding people, Su Shuilian suddenly found herself sitting on the side of the wide Babu bed.

With the veil on her head, she was unable to see the faces of the surrounding people, but from their simple wishes, it sounded heartfelt and genuine.

"Quick, lift her wedding veil so we can see your wife's face!"

"I heard your wife is very beautiful! Big brother* Lin, I am very envious of you ah!"

(大哥[big brother] - polite but friendly term to address a man)

"You lil' brat! So young and already so impatient!"

"Aiyo! Hey! Dad, don't hit my head, I'll become stupid! I'll be thirteen this year, how is that considered little? "

"Hahaha!..."

Su Shuilian also found this funny when she heard this, and her lips curved up under the veil. But with a sudden burst of light, she was forced to squint and only after adjusting to it, she reopened her eyes. Her wedding veil had been taken off by Lin Si Yao and put by the bedside. Quietly standing in front of her, in his hand was After a flash of fleeting amazement, his eyes were filled with tenderness.

"Wow! Big brother Lin, did you marry a fairy? But then again, the fairies at the 7th of Seventh (Lunar) Month weren't as pretty."

Su Shuilian noticed a young kid standing by Lin Si Yao's side, she had accurately guessed that he was that thirteen year old kid who had just spoken before.

When he saw Su Shuilian smiling at him, instead of shying away, he returned an extremely bright smile.

"Ok, enough, the wedding feast will soon begin, everyone scatter, let the couple have a little time for some intimate talk." Seeing Lin Si Yao's face start to sink, Aunt Lao quickly tried to disperse the unknowing crowd who were disturbing the bride.

"Aunt Lao, I still haven't taken a good look at the fairy, why are you rushing us out?" The juvenile complained as he was dragged out by Aunt Tian. As he was being dragged out, the boy did not forget to turn back toward Su Shuilian, "Jiejie*, Fairy jiejie! I'm called Tian Dabao, I'll come see you again later! Ow! Mom, how could you cruelly hit me like that? Aren't I your biological son?"