♔ 𝕾𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ♔

At this point I don't even really know when I'm meant to be uploading anymore but this chapters only short so I'll post it today.

♔ 𝔑𝔦𝔯𝔞 ♔

The sun is setting slowly, paining the sky with soft strokes of orange and pink and red. I cannot even find beauty in it as I storm through the garden, too absorbed by my rage.

A scream builds in my throat. It takes all my will to swallow it down.

How dare he? Asylum or not, he has no right. To know that I am overwhelmed with power and to force a response from me is a bastard's trick. To threaten me, over something I cannot control, a cowards move. I dare him to try. He has watched me kill – as a human no less – with nothing short of mercilessness. Guilt did not burden my shoulders until days later, when the desperate need to survive finally passed. I imagine I will smile at the sight of his mangled corpse.

He wants me to release these powers, then I will let him have them. I will let them tear from me and ravage him, however many burn within. I will not call them back, even if he begins to scream and beg and cry. I will let them ruin him. He threatens me, after it all! As though this was my plan, my intention. As if I have not spent days burying this feeling down, in an effort to keep them away. I do not wish to hurt people, not without cause, but if he wants me to let go, I will.

I am tired of being out of control. For months, I have been the puppet to someone else's schemes. Decisions made by others; my safety sacrificed for their own plans. Traded it once, for me to fall beneath it again. A slave to these powers within me. Ordered to treat them a certain way, as though I am not the knowing individual on their capabilities. I warn them, several times, and still, they do not listen. Fine. I will let go, so that for once, I am in control.

With a yell, I throw my fist into a hedge. I likely look ridiculous, but I do not care. This rage, the anger, it consumes me. Always so angry. I move on, towards the expanse of grass and flowers, leaving behind a hole carved through the centre of the foliage. With a sigh, I drop to my knees. Cup my head in my hands. My blood thrums. My heart races.

I am so sick of this Realm. These beings. Every single one. Already so exhausted with what I have become, and the potential I harbour. Great potential, or greater destruction. I will show them destruction. I will make them all pay for what they have made me, the way they have wronged me. If I cannot rid of this anger, I will use it. Let it fuel me, become me. I will let it lead these powers, drag men to their knees. Wound them, torture them, as they did me. I will make plead for mercy, for me to see reason.

Are any innocent? They all sneered, all cheered at the chance of my demise. They voted for my execution. They ripped Cracurian families apart for decades. They enslaved. They ruined. Few treated me as equal, worthy of respect. I will show them what a lack of respect looks like. First, I will assuage my vendettas. The King is gone, and Zaire will fall at my hands. I will flay him, make it so he cannot recognise himself either. I will ignore his screams, much like he ignored mine.

Then the others. Riyan and Rorik. I will come for them. Watch as their people scream over their bodies. The King of Cracuria. Those that stole from the village. Those that stand in my way. They will all feel my wrath. My anger. My hatred. All so quick to label me a Fae huntress. A monster. They can watch as I bring such nightmare to life. Watch as I make their world burn.

For so long, I have done what I had to do. Now, I will do what I want. I will become their villain. The horror of the stories they will tell their children. The reason that they flea for safety. I will get my revenge for this. They should not have underestimated the rage of me. I will show them why.