7

Cora Greene was a gorgeous looking young woman. It was hard to say whether she just was naturally beautiful like that or if she had any work done. If she had work done on her face and her body it sure as hell didn't show. She looked perfectly natural, just a small hint of makeup, her hair long and open and wavy. Her hair was incredibly beautiful. It was dark brown, but the tips were sun-bleached. It was long and wavy – she looked like she had just come here from a Californian beach. Alistair knew he had to be very careful not to get lulled in by her beauty. He had to be vigilant about this.

Cora Greene was definitely flaunting some counter-cultural hippie aesthetic, which was diametrically opposed by the massive diamond engagement ring she was wearing. She was one of those people that liked to look shabby and all-natural, but in designer clothes. Alistair had a visceral dislike towards them, but he was trying very hard not to let that influence this interrogation in any way. It wasn't easy.

It was very obvious that Cora Greene had been born into money, even though she tried to look like she wasn't. There was just too much perfection in her look and in the way she carried herself. This was someone that had access to any healthcare she wanted and that could go to the gym and take private lessons. She could easily afford any healthy food she wanted, as well. Sometimes Alistair wondered whether people like that were aware of their own privilege or not. It seemed like some of them were very aware of it and others weren't at all aware. Others were somewhere in the middle. It was a spectrum.

Either way, Alistair wasn't quite sure what to make of Cora. She seemed to be incredibly relaxed about being here, as if she hadn't been worried about her friend at all. She had of course been informed that her best friend had been murdered and that she had to show up at the police station for an interview, but she didn't seem to have lost a lot of sleep over this. It was more than suspicious to Alistair.

"So, Miss Cora Greene, that's your full name, right? Any middle name?" Alistair asked her after the usual pleasantries were exchanged.

"Louise." she answered curtly.

"Cora Louise Greene, and you're 28 years old, living in this city, in an apartment in 34 Cedar Drive, is that correct?"

"Yes, Detective." she answered with a self-satisfied smile. So she was very aware of her privilege, but she didn't feel bad about it in any way. Those were the ones that Alistair hated the most – they were usually just assholes.

"How long have you been living there? It's an expensive area for a young woman like yourself." he commented.

"Oh, I moved in a few months ago, when I got engaged. It's my fiancé's apartment." she told him. She seemed to be careful not to be saying too much, which made Alistair even more curious as to whether she was hiding something or not. But if she was hiding something, why did she look so calm?

"Where have you lived before?" he wanted to know. She already seemed to be somewhat bored by all this. Alistair was hoping that it meant she'd slip up and make a mistake along the way, something that meant she was going to tell him one of the many well-kept secrets she had. Alistair was sure she had a lot of those.

"On Eastern Sunset Road. Also in my own place. I'm renting it out now – or rather, my estate agent is doing that for me. If you have any questions about my tax, you should probably contact him about it, because I wouldn't know."

"Well, thankfully this isn't about taxes or anything of that sort. You were told why you're here, weren't you?"

"Yes, I was told. It's because of that skank, isn't it? Ruby? Should have known from the start that she was bad luck. That she was only a false snake all this time." Cora replied and rolled her eyes. Alistair's eyes widened. He sure as hell hadn't expected this reaction. From what he knew Ruby was Cora's best friend, after all. But maybe something had happened between them... was that why Cora didn't seem nervous at all? Why she didn't seem upset in any way? Or was she sure that she could pay for the best lawyers and no one could do anything to her in the end? It would explain a whole lot.