1.

"She was first a little shy to fly, but when she knew her potential she spread her wings and flew so high above the skies." - Seerat

Jade.

Asia

Asia.

••••

••••

Me and my friend, Asia, we're having a girls night in at my house since I was off on vacation from my job.

Just watching movies, chilling really.

Asia and I have been friends since college, both graduated early, majored and got our Masters in Business.

Currently I work at a bakery, but am hoping to own my very own jewelry store. Asia, works as a waitress and is making plans to own a massage spa.

I'm so proud of her as she is of me. I think we became friends because we are polar opposites of each other.

Asia is more outgoing, semi-extroverted but can be a little lazy, in a good way. I, on the other hand am so much more difficult.

I'm very shy, and reserved. I'm open when spoken too but I can be very insecure and sensitive at times. For example if Asia sees something she likes she gets it whereas with me, if I see something I look briefly and keep it pushing.

Romance is my life is like a fairytale and it only seems to simmer down the older I get.

22 isn't old but...I sometimes get lonely.

We we're watching Euphoria and I was getting into it.

While eating my popcorn and listening to what was going on, Asia, on her phone shoots up so quick off the couch in excitement. Causing me to startle and spill a little of my popcorn.

"Asia!" I whine, "What is it?" I ask with my mouth still stuffed with popcorn.

"Guess who's coming to the club in our hometown?!" Asia asks while sitting back down.

Me, being clueless asks, "Is it a celebrity?"

"No, it's the mailman down the street- of course it's a celebrity!" Asia laughs.

I laugh along with her, "Leave me alone, don't make fun of me. So who is it?"

"Check your phone" Asia says deviously.

Squinting my eyes in confusion she's definitely made me curious, pulling out my phone, I go to Instagram and I see an advertising on the nightclubs post in North Carolina about so many popular celebrities coming through.

Tomorrow night.

My eyes widen in shock. Surely, I'm a big fan of Chris but their coming here? Tomorrow night?

Oh lord.

I scoffed, "Asia, how are we going to even get in? You know the club is gonna be packed an-"

"So, Jade I got connections at The Lounge. It'll be hot girl, you should come and we get to see some fine ass celebrities. You can't back out on me this time"

Asia is a club goer, I only go to be with her and have fun from time to time. I'm not into big, crowded spaces, people are crazy and there's no telling how people are gonna act when they see Chris Brown, Lil' Baby, Megan Thee Stallion and God knows who else.

I stopped reading at the three cause' I feel like if I read anymore my eyes are gonna pop out of my socket.

"I mean, think about it A. This lineup is crazy and you know how wild people get when they see their fav celeb" I sighed, "I don't know"

"Stop being such a Debbie Downer. You're going out with me tomorrow night, we're gonna shake some ass, get tipsy and who knows somebody may take that V-Card" Asia giggles.

"Asia!" I say in embarrassment.

It's true. I am a virgin, I'm not ashamed but I'm also not happy with it either.

I was in a relationship for about two years with this guy named Dominique. He told me he loved me and that he'd wait for me. And my silly self thought it was true.

But low and behold my naive self didn't notice that was he was feeding me with lies the entire time we spent together.

I could tell he was getting tired of me because he would go out more frequently, wouldn't come over as much and always wanted to spend "time" with his friends.

It wasn't long before I found out that he was cheating on me with another girl at the same school I graduated from. And it wasn't only the fact that he was with someone else.

What hurt me was that he lied to be about being virgin and wanting to get married. Because not long after I caught him in the lie, he was then married and expecting a whole baby with her thereafter.

That left me depressed for over a year. I have my days where I think about him and the hurt he caused me. Which has only made me wanna shield myself from any other man I encounter.

Maybe that's why I don't go out much.

Who wants to look sad and is about to cry in the club all the time?

I hate the club, because ironically that's where I met him.

Not at The Lounge specifically but any club setting draws back bad memories.

So it's hard to have fun when all I think about terribly...is him.

"Don't tell me this is about that fuck boy Dominique?" Asia asks while rolling her eyes.

I look at her briefly then look away feeling my eyes burn slightly due to tears wanting to pour.

Get it together Jade, get it together.

So, it's not the fact of me hating that I'm a virgin. It's the fact of me accepting that only men want one thing and that my values will get in the way of finding true love.

Asia then grabs my arm reassuringly, "Awe Jade, don't be sad babes I'm sorry. Jade" She calls my name.

Quickly wiping my eyes I look to her with a weak smile, "I'm fine Asia"

"I just want you to have fun. Think about all the accomplishments we made at such a young age. I mean we got accepted at our dream college in our senior year of high school. Both of us graduated at the tops of our classes and successfully have our Masters. What's their not to celebrate? And what better way to do it than at a club? I just want you to have fun and remember that there's someone out there for you who will wait. Dominique was a fuckboy and he'll soon realize that. With his girly ass name" I laugh at her remark.

Then I thought about it. She's right. I shouldn't sit here and sulk all my youth to waste over a guy I broke with a year ago.

But I have to admit: I am a sucker for love.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, I sighed and spoke confidently, "You know what? Let's go. Let's do it"

Asias eyes and smile lit up so bright. My friend is so beautiful, she then claps happily and bounces up and down in celebration, "Yay! Hey, can I interfere with your closet?"

I then glared her down.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.