20.

Jade.

It's seems so unrealistic by just how fast time has gone.

It's been about a year and a month since me and Chris have been together and about six weeks since we've shared our first anniversary of being together.

It doesn't seem that November 11th was that long ago....

Jade.

It's been a week since the whole Mya fiasco went public and I'd be lying if I said it still didn't affect me.

But today, is and was the day I have to put that aside fully. Me and my man are back together and I couldn't feel any more complete already than with what he makes me feel.

Chris says he has a surprise for me for tonight to which I'm excited for but, I'm so exhausted since I've been working long hours at my bakery that I hope I have enough energy for our night together.

Being a manager and boss is tougher than I thought.

But honestly, it's all I could ever dream of.

Tiredly walking in the house, I instantly inhaled the smell of some good food covered but the steam of smoke fuming in the air.

Lifting up the top, I see smothered chicken in gravy, greens, mash potatoes, macaroni and cheese and cornbread. Baby boy threw down.

Still looking to my left, I place the top back on the food and take time to notice the dining table all decorated and covered in rose petals. Spelling out his and mines initials on the dining seats.

I blushed, admiring the view as I sat my things down. With all this that Chris has in store for me, he doesn't know that I have a special gift waiting for him too.

"Baby!" I called out to him.

- "Baby come here! I'm upstairs!" Chris shouts.

Smiling big, I take off my shoes, tossing them to the side as I hurriedly head up the stairs.

Walking in the hallway, I smile seeing more rose petals trailing to where I assume is his location.

"Chris, you're gonna eventually have to pick up all of these..." My words trail away as I noticed immediately the decor in the bathroom.

Dimmed sunset lightening, with rose petals covering the floors and water in the bathtub, along with tall wine glasses filled with what I'm assuming is champagne, hopefully not, my hand immediately found it's way towards my heart as I tugged at my cross necklace in an, 'awe'.

"Baby" I say as my eyes slowly fill with tears, but I refused to let them spill. I look at him as I notice he's standing shirtless in nothing but grey pajama pants, "You like?" He asks, following a sly smirk, "Oh, it's not alcohol, I know you can't handle that on your stomach right now so I bought sparkling juice"

Thank God, I thought.

"Thanks baby, but, like?" I then went up to him, holding him close as I tug and kiss on his lips gently, "I love this...happy anniversary baby"

"Happy anniversary Jade, I love you" Chris says while looking deep into my eyes.

"I love you" I repeat as I kiss him softly once more.

"I know we have dinner downstairs but I wanted to show you what was up here first, and of course," Chris then goes to grab the two wine glasses sitting tall beside him, "Make a toast" He finishes.

Smiling, I grab the wine glass out his hands, as we clink our glasses together, "To?..." I ask.

"To us" Chris says simply.