10

Warnings >~< : smidge of angst

Miles watched his chest rise and fall, your head gently moving with it. Your cheek was smooched against his bare blue skin, cute lips pouted as your lashes brushed against your cheekbones.

The sun had lit the whole room, bouncing off the walls - your skin casted a brilliant sea blue that seemed to have him in a trance, his eyes not once leaving your still sleeping form.

Somehow you had ended up half on top of him, your body curled up into his side, your upper body resting completely on him.

Miles, of course, had no complaints – the arm closest to you gently stoked the base of your tail near your lower back, fingers moving further up each time.

You showed no signs of waking up, your cute nose twitching every now and then that had Miles fighting the smile off his lips, eyes dancing from your face to where he was stoking you.

He wasn't sure what to feel as he watched you.

Had he of known you'd have such an impact, enough to effect his mission, he would've just left you were you where.

He wouldn't have to keep feeling the pit in his stomach grow at the thought of never seeing you again.

Never having your eyes stare up at him, looking so deep that he practically felt as if he very soul was on show.

He could feel you everywhere, his entire body and mind revolving around you.

His thoughts had him sighing loudly, the escaping air gently blowing onto you - goosebumps raising in his wake.

A loud and very prominent knock sounded on the door, Miles's ears perking up.

He curled the hand on your tail around your back, fingers gripping the skin and pulling you impossibly closer.

'Boss?'

He almost rolled his eyes at the muffled voice through the door, his body relaxing once again on the sheets as there was no real danger.

Still he didn't answer, instead looking down at you.

As much as he wanted to kiss you awake and bask in the warmth between your thighs, he knew he had a a job and a position to fill.

Hooking his hands under your arms, he sat up and softly pulled you with him.

He couldn't see if you eyes had opened, turning gently with you in his arms and laying you down again beside him.

You seemed to be waking up, your tail twitching behind you and a audible yawn leaving your lips.

Miles looked down at your face, head rested on the pillow and your hair envoloping you.

He stared down at you, lifting his hand to thumb at the apple of your cheek - the skin soft under the pad of his finger.

You fluttered your eyes open to slits, the sudden light throwing you off.

'Miles?' You spoke quietly, eyebrows furrowed as you watched him stare at you.

He didn't respond for a beat, before his body leaned to towards you - his scent radiating on you in waves.

You felt his lips press just above your left eye before moving over to the right one, repeating the same action.

Your nose twitched as he brushed against it, before pulling back completely.

'Stay here.' He ordered gently, watching as you continued to stare up at him, no resistance leaving your lips.

Breathing out deeply, you nodded.