13

I'M BACK - kinda !! I MISSED YOU GUYS SM - i had a sudden burst of inspiration and knew i had to utilise it lol

Miles could feel the pure adrenaline curse through his system as he straddled his ikran, pupils dilated as the beast released a roar and took off.

He continuously reminded himself that you were safe where you were as the distance between him and the ship increased - planting himself right in the chaos ahead.

Shaking his head, he concentrated on searching for the person who had caused this all in the first place, ears flat and gun ready.

But the sudden appearance of another ikran dirently in front of him threw him off slightly, hands tightening on the reins of his own as its rider came into clear view in front of him.

Snarling angrily, he flew forward - gun already pointed directly at her and firing shot after shot.

She expertly evaded all of his attacks, head glancing back and hissing at the same man she had killed and watched die.

Miles was unrelenting as he chased her, face set into a snarl and ears flat.

With his eyes set on her, he was open to practically any attack - meaning he didn't notice the sudden splash of water below and the jaws of a merciless creature clamping onto the neck of his ikran.

He let out a noise of surprise as his ikran's head dipped down, his balance lost completely as he fell with it, eyes barley registering Jake below him.

The water was cold as he breached its surface, body fully submerged as the shock of what just happened set in.

Blinking his eyes open underwater, he quickly swam up - gasping out and immediately grasping his gun that was still trapped around his neck, holding it up to target anybody near.

He lets out huffs of air and he did a 360, ears twitching and body working to keep his head above water.

His head was suddenly turned at the sound of a loud bang! in the near distance, his eyes quickly searching for the source and landing on the ship.

'No.' He shook his head and quickly released his gun, using both arms to swim over to the now wrecked ship - that was already beginning to sink on one side, a fire growing.

His heart dropped in his chest as he pushed himself to move faster.

He had to get to you, he had left you there.

His regret grew heavier the closer he got, his body weaker as he eventually reached the sinking wreck, large hands grasping the edge of the landing and pulling himself up.

His breath was heavy as he stood to his feet, shoulders slumped as he caught his breath - tail whipping in anxiety behind him.

Miles moved quick as he crossed further into the ship, hands firmly holding his gun up just in case.

He wasn't phased as he saw people begin to exacuate the ship, breathings masked strapped to everyones faces - small groups moving to the emergency boats.

Brushing them off, he entered the familiar control room, its emptiness unnerving as he quickly rushed down the hall and towards where he had put you.

However, he was stopped dead in his tracks as he saw that the door to the one room where he knew you'd be safe was left wide open - the light now dark due to the ships system failure.

He swallowed thickly as the fact that you were gone began to sink in, his fists clenching and he looked down - brows furrowed and his anger brewing.