Chapter 10

After getting ahold of my body, I went and joined the group.
Vuyani: "Would you like me to get you something to drink my little beamer to cool yourself down?" He asked with a smirk on his face.
Me: "Yes please." I said through my teeth. He laughed.
Vuyani: "What would you like?"
Me: "Anything is fine." He walked away and came back with a soda. He pulled me up, sat down and pulled me down on his lap.
Vuyani: "Here's your drink little beamer." I rolled my eyes taking the soda from him and drank. I tried to stay annoyed at him but I couldn't. I never could stay mad or annoyed at anyone for more than 5 minutes. So I melted into him and enjoyed the night and the company. It seemed that he couldn't get enough of me because his hands were touchy. I liked it. When it was past midnight, we decided to call it a night. I really had fun today with his friends and some of the women had warmed up to me. I even exchanged numbers with a few of them before leaving.

Even though I wasn't annoyed with him anymore I couldn't let him off that easily so that's why as soon as he parked the car in front of my house, I opened the door to get off. He grabbed my arm stopping me.
Vuyani: "You're still mad at me? I thought you had forgiven me."
Me: "Goodnight Mr. Tatanqu." I said trying to get out. He grabbed my arm again chuckling.
Vuyani: "No goodnight kiss for your man?" I turned and placed a quick kiss on his lips.
Me: "There. Happy?" And I got out closing the door behind me. He also got out.
Vuyani: "Baby come on."
Me: "Goodnight Mr. Tatanqu." I called walking away.
Vuyani: "Seriously? You're not even going to say your usual line to me?" Huh! Fat chance. "Isi? My little beamer?" He called after me. I smiled as I ignored him and entered the house. He did his punishment, now this was mine to him. So we're even.

I was at the company. I had practice with the orchestra team. We were learning a new composition for an event we were invited to.
Conductor: "Isi can you play that side note again please." I nodded and played it. He frowned. "Maybe try to play it high." I did as told. "Now Yolie, enter with a low one." Yonelisa who was next to me did as told. "Yes, that's it. Beautiful!" He clapped. "Okay now everyone let's start from the top." He held up his hands and we got into our positions. We waited for his signal and then we started playing.

Yonelisa: "This is exhausting."
Jessie: "Learning a new composition is always exhausting."
Greta: "What's worse is that we only have 2 days to perfect it so it means extra practice at home." Some groaned. I drank my water as I fanned myself.
Me: "No rest for the wicked people so all we can do is cheer up." I saw my phone flashing. I smiled as I answered it. "Baby." I greeted as I went to stand on the side, away from the others.
Vuyani: "You're not still mad, are you?" He asked carefully. I giggled.
Me: "No silly. I was just playing with you yesterday." He chuckled lightly.
Vuyani: "I should've known. Such a cruel woman."
Me: "Hey. Who are you calling cruel? You can't call me that after what you did to me yesterday."
Vuyani: "That's the reason why I'm calling in fact. I want to make it up to you."
Me: "Oh? I'm listening."
Vuyani: "Do you have some time to spare for me today?"
Me: "Ummm...let me think." I pretended to think. "I think I can squeeze you into my schedule."
Vuyani: "Oh how very generous of you, Your Majesty." I giggled. "So dinner tonight at my place?"
Me: "Your place?"
Vuyani: "Yes. My place." The way his voice changed when he said that, made tingles spread all over my body.
Me: "Okay." I said biting my finger.
Vuyani: "I'll come pick you up."
Me: "Okay."
Vuyani: "Later baby."
Me: "Later." Pause. And then.. "Remember to think of me."
Vuyani: "Finally, my favorite line!" I giggled. "I'll remember little beamer. Always." Then we hung up.

Me: "Did you really cook all of this?" He chuckled.
Vuyani: "How many times are you going to ask me this question?" He said pouring me wine.
Me: "I'm just surprised, that's all. And you seem to be doing that a lot." I told him. "What else have you got under your sleeve?"
Vuyani: "It's not fun if I tell you now isn't it?" He winked. I giggled.
Me: "This is nice baby. Thank you." It was a candlelight dinner. So beautiful, so warm and so cozy. Candles and flowers were everywhere...and Brahms was playing softly in the background. His place was beautiful by the way.
Vuyani: "I'm glad you like it little beamer."
Me: "How did you know I like Brahms?"
Vuyani: "I read it on one of your interviews." I smiled.
Me: "You read up on me." He smiled sheepishly.
Vuyani: "Of course. I wanted to know as much as I could about you."
Me: "Hmmm...was this before or after you gave into my wooing?" He cleared his throat.
Vuyani: "Let's eat." I giggled. I picked up my wine glass and took a sniff of the wine.
Me: "This smells good." I took a sip. "And tastes good too. I didn't think you're a wine person."
Vuyani: "I don't know much about wine. Ace suggested it to me." I smiled nodding. I dug into my food and it was delicious.
Me: "Oh my god! This is so so good." I said with my eyes closed as I savored the food. He coughed.
Vuyani: "Little beamer if you keep on making those noises whilst eating I don't think we'll make it past dinner without causing an accident."
Me: "An accident? What kind of an accident?"
Vuyani: "A catastrophic one." I laughed.
Me: "Catastrophic as in destroying this table when you take me on it?" His eyes got intensively heated. I shivered.
Vuyani: "Don't give me ideas little beamer." He warned.
Me: "Why? I kinda like this idea." I said trailing my foot up his leg under the table seductively. He jumped up bumping his knees in the process and I giggled.
Vuyani: "Little beamer stop playing."
Me: "Okay. I'll stop...for now." He swallowed and shook his head.
Vuyani: "You're too dangerous for your own good." I winked.
Me: "Before things get misty tonight, we need to talk about something." I said after a short while.
Vuyani: "About?" I put my fork down.
Me: "Well...a world known concert pianist wants to do a duet concert with me."
Vuyani: "Really? That's great Isi."
Me: "Problem is though, if I agree to do it, I'll be more busy...meaning..." He smiled understanding.
Vuyani: "I vote that you do it."
Me: "But-."
Vuyani: "Is it something that you want?" I worried my lip.
Me: "Maybe?" He smiled.
Vuyani: "Do it."
Me: "But we-."
Vuyani: "We'll be fine."
Me: "Vuyani-."
Vuyani: "Isi, listen to me and do this if it's something that you want. I will never stand in front of your dreams."
Me: "But you're my dream and you're more important to me now." His eyes softened.
Vuyani: "Thank you for saying that baby, it really means a lot to me but I really don't want to be the man that's fine with his woman sacrificing her career for him. So please do it, okay?" I sighed.
Me: "Okay."
Vuyani: "And anyway starting from today I'm on vacation."
Me: "Really?" I said happily.
Vuyani: "Really."
Me: "For how long?"
Vuyani: "3 months at most."
Me: "That's more than enough."
Vuyani: "Yep. So I decided that starting tomorrow I'll be driving you to and from work. Am I not the best boyfriend in this entire world?" I laughed softly.
Me: "Yes you are." He nodded proud of himself.
Vuyani: "We'll make it work."
Me: "I know we will. It's just that I want to spend my every waking moment with you." He reached across the table and touch my face.
Vuyani: "Trust me. It'll happen...one day."