9: what happened to Muichiro?

Gyomei and Mitsuri were heading to the village where Muichiro's last mission was before he dissapeared.

They didn't knew why, but they had the feeling that they will be able to find him there, they just hope everything goes acordingly to the plan and by the end of the day they can return safely with muichiro to the corps.

When they got in the town, people were staring weirdly at them, the stares where almost fearfull, that was weird when they were supossed to save them, or in this case, look out for their lost companion.

A young lady approached them, and asked them something that they couldn't believe.

"You haven't come here to kill our leader, have you? He just make sure we work and not just slack around" -the lady said to them, with a hint of worry in her tone.

That got them surprised, they remembered that Muichiro was sent to investigate a demon that aparently didn't eat humans, it looks like he let it live.

"No, we have come to look out for a comrade of us, he was suposedly last seen here" -Gyomei replied to her.

That made the young lady sigh in relief, and then turn to look at them with a more cheerful expresión.

"Oh, then... How does he looks like, maybe I can help" -she said to them while smiling.

"Well... He is a kid around twelve years old, he has long hair with the tips fading into a green mint, and usually have a bored expresion, we haven't heared of him since a week and half ago" -Mitsuri said, describing what she could recall of Muichiro's phisical appearence.

"Ohh, I haven't seen anyone that fits the description given, I'm sorry" -the lady said, lieing through her teeth, not wanting to dissobey the orders that her leader said to them five days ago.

Flashback

All of the villagers were reunited in the night at the Center of the town, because their respected leader called them. If he did, than it must be something of importance.

When all of them stopped talking around so the silence reigned, it was when he started talking.

"You all may be wondering why I called you here, it is to talk about the boy that some days ago entered the town and that I bowed down to" -Neol started his speech.

"Well, that little boy is the new king of my kind, so if anyone comes here and ask you for a kid that fits the description of him, tell them you haven't saw him. I don't want my lord to be taken somewhere else before an uppermoon finds him, or worst, be slayed" -he continued.

Some gasp could be heared through the audience, not believing that someone could kill such beautiful child.

"Because if he is killed, than all of the other demons that are conected to him will die with him, including myself" -Neol finished.

And that was the last straw, because not even one person there wanted their leader to die, some grew up with him as their babysitter or as a close friend that you could rely on when you had troubles in your life.

He had been in that Town so much years, and changed it to the better so they knew they could trust him with their lives.

So any request he told them, they will follow it to the letter.

End of flashback

That was the reason why the slayers couldn't get neither a single clue on Muichiro's location.

Everytime they asked a villager, they would reply the same thing as the young lady.....

"I haven't seen anyone that looks like that"

It was getting anoying, because they knew they were getting lied at, but they couldn't presure the villagers to tell them the truth, it will only make them get thrown out of the village.

The hours passed, and they couldn't get a single clue about Muichiro's whereabouts, so they decided to book a room at an inn that was close to the outskirts of the village.

After they payed their stay, they decided to explore a bit more and look for a food stand where they could eat and then go to sleep, since it was already night.

As they neared one, Mitsuri caught sigh of a mob of black hair with the tips fading into green mint. She couldn't help but remeber her lost companion, so she guided Gyomei to the direction of the boy.

What they didn't expect was for the boy to turn around, recognize them and inmediatly start running away from them, another teenager followed him, and the both of them were heading to the exit of the village.

When he turned around, Mitsuri could recognize him. It was Muichiro, so she started running after them and Gyomei followed her.

They were slowly reaching to them, but the unknown teenager noticed it, so he grabbed Muichiro, made some weird movement and sudently they had some weird stars attacking them.

They had to stop for a little bit, so they could deal with the annoying stars that seemed to make no damage at all, and when finally all of them were gone and they could resume their pursuit of their missing comrade, but...

They were nowere to be seen.

That surprised them both, because the stars didn't take much time to deal with.

They looked everywhere, but there was not even one single hint to where they could have gone, so they decided to go back to the village, pass there the night, and the next morning start their journey back to the HQ.

It had been a long day and they needed to process everything that happened, because in their eyes, their comrade was manipulated by a demon and got kidnapped by him.

It will be a long time before Muichiro gets spotten again by the demon slayers.

I'm just going to add this picture here, it was taken on 03/16/2023

As you can see, english isn't my first language, but it is the one stuck in my head 24/7, making easier for me to writte fanfics in english than spanish, adding that I like more my writting style in english

Let's just say I have more inspiration for this one, while I neglect my other fanfics 😅😅😅

See you next chapter.