24: emergency reunion

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were shocked to their core, the flame hashira was kidnapped infront of their eyes and they could do nothing to prevent it, the pink haired demon even took the kid that Rengoku leaved in their care, making them sad, because they knew they probably won't see them again.

Tanjiro knew that something was wrong with the kid, he smelled similar, but he couldn't pintpoint from where since he smelled like he took a perfume bath.

A crow flew out of the scene, to notify the rest of the hashiras of the recent tragedy that happened, to which they were shocked, all with the exeption of one wanted to know where the demon could have taken Rengoku, and they too wanted to know if he was still alive.

An emergency reunion was called for the hashiras, they went as fast as they could to the meeting point, including the three slayers that were present at the scene.

The master arrived, making all the slayers present to bow at him in a show of respect, with the exeption of Inosuke, who was forced by Sanemi to bow.

"Hello my children, I'm sure that by now you have heared the bad news the crow has delievered to us" -Kagaya said, there was a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Yes master, that Rengoku has been captured by the demons" -Mitsuri said with a broken voice, she had no hope of seeing her master again.

"Could the ones that were present in the scene tell us what happened?" -Kagaya asked.

"Rengoku was taken by uppermoon three" -Tanjiro was the one to answer, and inmediatly after, all the hashiras stared at him as if he was crazy.

"We had a mission in the mugen train, I don't remember much because we all fell asleep, but when I woke up, I headed to the roof of the train because I could smell a demonic precense there, it was lowermoon one, I fought it, but before I could slay him, the train sudently went crazy, as if the demon fused with the train and had been killed" -Tanjiro said, making all the hashiras stare at him in disbelief.

"Who killed the demon?" -Iguro asked the question everyone wanted to ask.

"I don't know" -Tanjiro answered.

"What do you mean by you don't know?" -Sanemi asked, he was irritated by Tanjiro's answer.

"I don't know, after taking all the passengers to safety, we asked each other who could have killed the demon, but no one was able  to answer, not even Rengoku" -Tanjiro answered.

This surprised everyone present with the exception of Giyuu, he already knew who was responsible of it, after all Muichiro asked him when and where was going to be Rengoku's next mission, so he wasn't worried about the safety of Rengoku, worst that could have happened was that Muichiro turned him into a demon, and even then, he didn't represent a danger at all.

But this was information that only Giyuu knew about, and that he kepts a secret from the slayers corps in fear of them hunting down his adopted son.

"After we made sure that all the passengers were safe, sudently a pink haired demon appeared, he had the kanji for uppermoon 3 in his eyes, and he said his name was Akaza" -Tanjiro continued telling, he had a monotone voice the entire time, he was still processing what happened a few hours ago.

"He told Rengoku to hand him a child that he was carrying, Rengoku obviously refused, so they started a battle, one in that Akaza offered Rengoku to become a demon, Rengoku refused the offer, and as the battle continued, Rengoku ended badly injured, I'm almost sure that he had a few broken ribs, because he started breathing with dificulty" -Tanjiro said almost crying.

"Then, when Rengoku got distracted, Akaza knocked him out, took him in his arms, and then in an impresive show of speed he took the kid Rengoku leaved in our care, we couldn't do anything" -Tanjiro finished, at this point he couldn't stop the tears from falling, neither Mitsuri could, after all her master was the one that got kidnapped.

Sanemi tsked, he didn't believe that they could do nothing, they could have tried to protect better the kid, at least that way Rengoku's sacrifice wouldn't have been for nothing, but he had to take into consideration that they were against an uppermoon, and that they're not even Kinoe in rank.

With that, Ubuyashiki called an end to the meeting, all the hashira's went to their asigned patrol areas, leaving the three slayers to head to the butterfly mansion to rest and recover for their next mission, since they were not injured at the recent mission.

Shinobu was a little worried about the mental health of the slayers, so she asked Ubuyashiki to not give them missions for at least a week, so they can heal from the mental shock of seeing Rengoku get kidnapped in front of their eyes.

Meanwhile, Tomioka Giyuu headed to one of the points that Muichiro told him to call Nakime, he needed to know what happened with Rengoku, and he too needed to have a talk with Muichiro.