20: explanation and reunion

In the infinity fortress, Kokushibo sent them a reprimanded look, and with a voice that leaved no room for arguments, he said...

"Explain"

No one talked, Neol was intimidated by Kokushibo's menancing aura, while Muichiro was a little ashamed of his actions, he knew that it was a plan that could have failed with the most harmless mistake, but if he had another oportunity, he would do it all over again as long as his father figure could be by his side.

"Can one of you try to explain to me why you wanted to capture the water hashira" -Kokushibo asked once again because they took too long to answer, his tone was a little harsher this time.

"I wanted my father figure, I miss him, so I wanted to capture him so that he could be with me again" -Muichiro finally answered, he didn't regret his actions one bit.

Kokushibo felt a little heartbroken by Muichiro's declaration, he couldn't believe that he wasn't like a father to his descendant, but he wanted answers to what he was to Muichiro.

"If I'm not a father, then what am I to you? have the time we passed and the times I mentored you to your swordmanship meant nothing to you?" -Kokushibo asked, he wasn't able to hide his feellings from Muichiro.

Muichiro panicked when he noticed that Kokushibo was hurt by his answer, he didn't wanted to hurt his feelings, but he didn't wanted to lie to him either.

"You are more like a grandpa to me, Giyuu is my father figure and you are my grandpa" -Muichiro answered him hosnestly, but he alsmost wispered it in the embarrasement of having to say it out loud to him, his ears turned pink by the end of his declaration.

Kokushibo wasn't expecting that, it warmed his heart, because in a way, he did was his grandpa, so he smiled at him.

"Sorry to interrupt the heartwarming moment... but what are we gonna do with him, he looks like he is about to wake up" -Neol said pointing to the unconsicious water hashira in kokushibo's shoulder.

And he was right, the water hashira was shaking a little bit, and his hands were moving, signaling that he was about to wake up.

"Nakime, take us to an isolated room without escape routes" -Muichiro shouted, making Nakime inmediatly obey his order.

A biwa sound was heared and then they were on a room where the only exit was one small door, too small for the hashira to fit in.

There Muichiro told Kokushibo to set Tomioka down, and he obeyed him, carefully placing him in the floor.

They waited a few minutes, in which the hashira completely woke up, he was disoriented at first, not remembering how did he fall asleep, or where he was, but when he remembered that the last place he was before being knocked out was in a forest, and that now he was in an unfamiliar room, with three shadowy figures staring down at him.

He went to high alert, looking for his sword, and when he couldn't find it, he scanned the room looking for anything that could be used as a weapon, the only thing he could found was a wooden sword, so he raised it infront of him trying to look intimidating to the trio of demons infront of him.

When his eyes landed on the smaller one, and he saw the glowing red eyes he posessed, he froze. He knew he was in the presence of the demon king, and probably in two of his strongest demons too.

"could you iluminate the room, please" -Muichiro said to Neol, making Neol obey him and pierce one of his fingers, creating some stars that started glowing faintly, iluminating the room, and giving the water hashira a clear view of his kidnappers.

When he looked at the owner of the blood crimson eyes, he couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing... Muichiro Tokito, the one he was trying to 'save' earlier, was the demon king. His eyes started filling with tears because of it.

"Muichiro... is that really you?" -Tomioka asked, he didn't wanted to believe what he was seeing.

When Muichiro nodded to his question, and turned away looking ashamed, Tomioka didn't need any more proof, he did was alive, but he was the ruler of the race he swore to exterminate.

That won't stop the tears that started falling from his eyes at that moment, this explains why they never found him during those two years that he was missing, and why Mitsuri said that he was kidnapped by a demon two years ago. He wasn't kidnapped, the demon was taking him to safety from the hashiras so they could not discover him as the demon king.

 Tomioka dropped the wooden sword, and started walking to Muichiro, Neol and kokushibo saw it and let him do it, they could notice that he didn't had any ill intentions toward Muichiro, the relief and happiness in his ocean eyes were enough indication of this.

Muichiro was still looking eveywhere but Tomioka's direction, when he sudently felt some warm arms wrapping around him, lifting him from the ground and pressing him against the owners body... that was when he finally decided to look at him, to look at the ocean eyes missed so much.

"You're alive... I thougth I had lost you" -Tomioka said with a broken voice, the tears wouldn't stop falling from his eyes as he hugged the former mist hashira in a loving embrace.

"I- I'm sorry, I missed you" -Muichiro said in the brink of tears, he somehow mannaged to turn around and return the hug the water hashira was giving him.

"I missed you too" -Tomioka said, thigtening the hug even more, enjoying every single second of it.

They spent the rest of the night catching up with each other, and by the end of it, Tomioka leaved with a promise of not saying anything that occured that night to anyone related to the slayers corps, not till Muichiro was ready to tell them himself.

If you can guess for which ending I already have some chapters prewritten for the sequel, I'll tell you exactly how many chapters I have prewritten of that sequel.