25: Talk

Tomioka went to an alleyway in the village he frequents the most during his patrols, he made sure that no slayer or people were near before he shouted a name.

"Nakime" -Tomioka shouted, which inmediatly after a biwa sound was heared and he was transported to the infinity castle.

He inmediatly went to look for Muichiro, he walked around and went through multiple doors, till he found the room where Muichiro was, it probably would have been easier if he asked Nakime to send him to Muichiro's location, but she likes to make his life dificult.
She reminds him about a certain insect breathing user that likes to bully him about his social life.

He entered the room, and there he found a demon version of Rengoku, Muichiro and uppermoon three staring at him. Rengoku stared at Tomioka, then at Muichiro, then at Tomioka and then at Muichiro, he did it for a few more times till he processed what was happening.

"Tomioka my friend, what are you doing here?" -Rengoku asked him, to which Tomioka looked at him with a poker face.

"I came to see what happened to you, I have to say that I'm a little surprised seeing you as a demon, but it was to be expected when you know who is the demon king" -Tomioka answered him.

Rengoku stared at Tomioka flabergasted, it was the most he heared him talk since he meet him, it may be because he was with Muichiro that he became more talkative, he couldn't think of another reason that could be the probability of Tomioka's change.

"Muichiro, we need to talk, and I think that Rengoku needs to hear it too since hes a new demon now" -Tomioka told him with a reprimanding voice, making Muichiro look away from his gaze.

Akaza went out of the room, leaving his lord, his new sparing companion and the hashira in the room to talk, he didn't wanted to invade the privacy of his lord.

"I didn't expected you to be that dumb, what were you thinking when you went to Rengoku's mission?" -Tomioka asked Muichiro as soon as Akaza left the room, he was worried about his safety, and what it could represent to a future aliance with the slayers corps.

"I just wanted to see him, I didn't wanted someone to get hurt, that's why I killed lowermoon one" -Muichiro tried to explain himself and Rengoku looked at him surprised.

Tomioka pinched the bridge of his nose and then took a deep breath, he was trying to calm himself and not get angry with Muichiro, he needed to remember that he was dealing with a child, even if he once was a hashira in the slayers corps.

"You didn't thought of the consecuence of your actions, did you?" -Tomioka told him with poker face.

"No" -Muichiro answered while looking at the ground, he really didn't thought about that.

Tomioka sighed, then looked at Rengoku for help, so he could prove his point even further, but it was pointless, Rengoku looked at him with a clueless and inocent expresion, he didn't had any idea of what they were talking.

"You could have gotten hurt, what if someone discovered that you were a demon and took that oportunity to slay you?" -Tomioka asked Muichiro, there was a hint of concern in his eyes.

"I took my precautions, I literally bathed in perfume because you told me that that kid named Tanjiro was going to that mission too" -Muichiro answered him.

"You had no idea if there was another person that could have guessed that you were a demon" -Tomioka told him, making Muichiro think about it, and giving Tomioka the reason.

"well, there is no point on thinking about it anymore, I just have to be extra careful next time I go out" -Muichiro said.

"So are you planning on doing it again?" -Tomioka asked him with a poker face, he couldn't believe what he was hearing right now.

"I didn't say that, you and rengoku are the only people I would do that for, what I meant is that I'll have to be really careful the next time I go out and encounter a slayer, I won't overstimate them no matter how weak they look" -Muichiro replied to Tomioka.

Tomioka was pleased by Muichiro's answer, he was glad that he took his words seriously.

Muichiro still had something wandering on his mind, and Tomioka noticed it by the slight shifting in his posture every few seconds, to his hands that never ceased to move, so he decided to ask him.

"Muichiro, what's troubling you?" -Tomioka went straight to the point, he asked it with a concerned expresion.

"It's just that I have been thinking... is it possible to make an agreement of peace with the humans?" -Muichiro finally voiced his troubles.

Tomioka was awestruck by Muichiro's question, not because it might be dangerous and hard to do what he was asking, but because of the way he formulated the question. It sounded like he didn't think of himself as a human anymore, and that may be on some context, but at the same time he still keeps his human emotions, and some memories as little as they may be.

"Muichiro, I'm sure there may be a way, if you want, I could arrange a meeting with oyakata so you could discuss the terms of the alliance" - Tomioka told him, not mentioning his discomfort with his question.

Muichiro's eyes sparkled at the idea, he was happy that Tomioka would do something like that for him, but then he remember what he is now, and all his joy went away. He doesn't know how will he be able to show himself in front of Oyakata now, he is the Demon King, for god's sake, last time he saw him he was fighting on his side killing every demon that crossed his path, now he is one of the demons that he swore to destroy.

"Everything will be fine" - Tomioka and Rengoku told him at the same time, Tomioka was smiling softly at him, while Rengoku was sending him one of his biggest and flashiest smiles.

Muichiro felt a bit reasured by their confidence, so he returned the smile and nodded at them.

Maybe, just maybe, everything will be fine in the end.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I'm sorry to inform you that I won't be uploading as frequent as before.

Now I have work on a coffe shop, and I need to take care of little kids on the mornings, so I'm working from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

As a result of my new schedule, I barely have time to write during the week, and o the weekends I prefer to take them as a break, with the exception of the saturdays, as I have school o those days.

So please bare with me, I do a going to finish this fanfic, it just might take a bit longer than expected.

Hope you understand, see you next chapter.

😣😣😣