Chapter Two - New

"You stupid slut, why haven't you died already?"

It took everything I had to not roll my eyes at the way she flipped her hair. It was like she thought talking to an omega made her superior somehow.

I clenched my jaw and turned away, desperately trying to ignore her and her ridiculous posse of wolves.

I made it only a few steps before someone grabbed my arm. I turned, then a hand cracked across my face. My butt hit the linoleum floor and I heard the cafeteria go dead silent. I felt my lip split open and a strangled gasp escaped my throat.

I looked up to see our future Alpha glaring at me distastefully. My hand flew up to touch my bleeding lip and I crawled back a little, fear pounding through me.

"How dare you disrespect your future Luna?" he snarled.

I immediately dropped my gaze to the floor and bowed my head deeply in submission. "I apologize Alpha, and Luna for my disrespect," I whimpered, his presence making my shoulders hunch over in defeat.

"Now make yourself scarce before I beat you," he spat and I leapt up and hobbled to the nearest bathroom.

I couldn't believe he let me go. Maybe he wasn't as bad as the rest. If he didn't change, then maybe there's still the absolute tiniest chance for me once he replaces his father.

Yeah, right, I snorted internally, grimacing sharply at my stupid thought before turning my gaze to the mirror.

I cringed at the sight. A fresh bruise was forming on one cheek and an older one was on my jaw. My already busted lip was starting to swell on one side and blood trickled down from the cut. Scratches covered my cheeks and chin from when I was thrown onto the floor yesterday.

I had a purple bump growing on my temple, still tender to the touch. My gaze wandered down to the scars decorating my neck and I tug my sweatshirt up a little. If I looked at them too long, then I just know I'd want to try again. It takes every ounce of my remaining energy to convince myself I'm strong enough to endure this. I hope.

***

As soon as I returned to the pack house, I received a brutal beating from the Beta. He told me he needed to teach me a lesson for disrespecting the future Alpha.

I had black and blue splotches on my ribcage, what felt like a broken arm, and I was pretty sure my nose was broken.

I was actually lucky, disrespecting your Alpha was normally a death sentence, but mine was less since he was the Alpha's son. I considered it extremely unlucky, I had purposefully embarrassed the Alpha in public before in the hope of finally escaping this nightmare, but they never killed me, just tortured me until I was almost dead then left me alone just long enough for me to heal.

I wished they would just kill me, then the pain would finally be over. I still had another few months of school left, after which there was a chance they'd find another, probably more twisted, use for me. Other than the pack punching bag anyway.

I shook my head and pushed the thought to the back of my mind. I was sitting on the floor of my old bathroom. It was connected to my old bedroom. It was massive and filled with comfortable furniture, a TV, and even a mini fridge.

They kicked me out when I got back. They said a traitor didn't deserve to live in such a nice room. All I could do was sneak into the bathroom on occasion since no one would let me use any others. Thank the Moon Goddess they thought my room was cursed or something, no one will even open the door.

It was my sanctuary when the house was empty, I kept my stolen medical supplies and snacks in the bathroom.

I wrapped my ribs in a compression bandage and put ointment on the scratches on my face, gingerly picking out the fragments of rock still embedded in my skin. Then I dared to look at my foot.