Chapter Twenty-Four

I curled myself up into a tighter ball, pressing my face closer to the stone wall that reeked of blood just to get farther away from him. "Why can't you just leave me the fuck alone?" I growled, exhaustion pouring over me.

"Why did you have to kill my parents right in front of me?"

"Liam you need to grow up and get the fuck over it! That's what normal people do when someone dies. They grieve and then they move on! The longer you hold onto their deaths the bigger a baby you become, and now you just sound absolutely pathetic!" I snarled.

I heard him growl and bang against the bars. The harsh sound made me flinch but otherwise I didn't move. "You little bitch. How dare you call me pathetic when you're the one sitting in prison because you can't behave and deal with your own mate!"

I rolled my eyes. "That's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard," I muttered.

"Why don't you come out here and say it to my face you whore!" he spat, yanking on the bars again.

I finally rolled over to look at him. I shook my head, my lip curled in disgust. "I'm not going to fight a blind wolf, that would be an unfair fight, not to mention it'd make you look like a complete dumbass to get your ass beat by your little sister," I sneered.

He shouted and screamed incoherently and banged on the bars so loudly that the guards actually came over. "Bye big bro! Love you!" I sneered, watching with amusement as he struggled against the guards who decided to just start dragging him away.

I heard Ryland's hoarse chuckle followed by a short coughing fit. "You know, I miss seeing you like this," he rasped.

I sat up, propping myself up on my elbows so I could see him. "What do you mean?"

"The sassy, sarcastic alpha female that wasn't afraid of anybody," he muttered, "the wolf I haven't seen since you were kidnapped."

"Well seeing your former bully scream like a sissy tends to get rid of all that fear, not to mention I think I actually made him blind so it's really hard for him to hurt me now. Especially while I'm in this cell," I sighed.

"Honestly it's probably a hell of a lot safer in here than it is with Thayne. You might want to figure out a way to make him keep you in here instead of in his bedroom," he suggested.

"Yeah that's probably a good idea, I don't know how though."

He made a face. "I have one idea but it's going to hurt like a son of a bitch," he sighed.

***

"Roxanne."

I peeled my eyes open and craned my head to see who it was. I spotted Thayne's face on the other side of the bars and my lip curled in disgust. I rolled back over and closed my eyes again. "Leave me the fuck alone," I muttered.

His growl echoed in my ears and I held my breath, bracing myself for the yelling, for the pain that was coming. But it never did.

I opened my eyes again and rolled over. Thayne was leaning against the bars of the cell, a smirk on his face.

"You must think I'm stupid," he said.

"Well I still think you're smarter than your father if that makes you feel any better," I snorted.

"My father was pretty fucking stupid so not really. There's a reason he's dead and I'm the alpha now," he grinned.

"If your father really is dead then why did you tell me that you wanted to know how I healed so you could save him? You told me he was dying not dead."

"I figured Roxie was still the type to try and help others and so I thought that would make you more cooperative but the Night pack turned you into a little demon," he chuckled. "No empathy whatsoever."