Chapter Seven

My hands ran over his chest and I moaned when he tugged at my hair. He playfully bit my lip and I let out a growl that made him smirk against my lips.

His hands trailed down to my thighs, leaving a tingling sensation where his fingers touched my burning skin.

He pulled me closer so that I was straddling his lap and I suddenly remembered how bare my body was. My eyes snapped open and I froze.

Xavier pulled away, watching me with amusement. "Do you want to put some pants on?" he asked.

I nodded and grabbed my usual sports bra and shorts, along with some underwear, before darting into the bathroom. My cheeks were flushed red with embarrassment and so was the rest of my body.

I took a cold shower before putting on my clothes and pulling my hair up into a high ponytail. I walked out of the bathroom and breathed a sigh of relief when I didn't see Xavier.

Why are you so embarrassed and shy all of the sudden? Aetrix asked me.

Because I just made out with my Alpha! Who has a mate that's not me! I exclaimed, frustration seeping into my voice as the realization set in.

"He has a mate that isn't me," I muttered under my breath, clenching my jaw in frustration.

I stalked out of my room, shoving past a severely hungover Charles. I paused outside Xavier's bedroom and listened for any sign of movement. Light footsteps warned me of him approaching the door and I dashed down the hall.

I heard the door swing open just as I turned the corner and let out a heavy breath. I continued down the stairs and out the door, quickly stripping at the edge of the forest. My eyes closed and I relaxed my body, allowing Aetrix to take over.

I heard my bones crack as fell to all fours. I took off through the trees as fast as my legs would carry me.

Everything rushed past me in a blur and I felt my lungs burn as I pushed myself as hard as I could go. Aetrix was howling happily, forcing me to run even faster. He took full control and I let him steer me through the forest.

There was suddenly a sharp stabbing in my side and I stumbled. I smashed through a tree, letting out a yelp as pain shot through my shoulder.

My head hit the ground and all I could hear was a harsh ringing. Aetrix was snarling angrily for me to get up.

I slowly picked myself up off the ground and shook out my pelt. I looked around but all I could see were the splintered remains of the tree I hit scattered all around me.

My shoulder ached and my side burned. Blood dripped down my fur and I saw an arrow protruding from the base of my rib cage. I growled lowly and looked around for the source of the arrow.

In mere seconds, a dozen men and wolves surrounded me. I whipped around, snarling furiously.

"Why are you in our territory?"

My heart pounded at the familiar icy voice and Aetrix growled.

I snarled at him, leaping forward and knocking him onto his back. My lips were lifted to reveal my razor sharp fangs and my ears were flat against my head.

I curled my claws into his shoulders but just as I was about to lock my jaws around his neck, I was thrown off of him by a massive grey wolf. I twisted so that I landed on my feet and whipped around to face the wolf.

I growled, my fur bristling and hackles raised. The grey wolf loomed over me, the power radiating off him just as intimidating as his massive size.

I felt myself start to submit but Aetrix kept me standing tall. The grey wolf shifted and I almost collapsed.

"Shift," he demanded, and I obeyed.