Chapter Fifteen

"Derek!" I shouted, clinging to the bars tightly. His smirk grew wider as he turned to Xavier. He growled something incoherent that made Xavier snarl.

"If she is harmed in any way, we are going to war!" he spat. His eyes changed color and I could feel the power radiating off him.

Derek growled, his eyes changing color as well. My breath caught in my throat as his power made my desire increase sharply.

A growl rumbled in my chest, loud enough to make Derek turn towards me. "Let me out," I said, pouting my lip.

Xavier roughly ran his hand through his hair, nodding to the guards. They unlocked the cell and as soon as the door opened, I threw my arms around Derek's waist, clinging to him tightly.

"Pleasure doing business with you," he growled mockingly at Xavier. Xavier just stared at me, agony in his eyes.

I walked with Derek out of the prison and a little ways into the forest where he suddenly stopped. He waved over one of the guards traveling with him.

"Let me do it," he said. The guard dug in his pocket then placed a small vial and syringe in his hand.

Derek turned to me, removing my arms from around him and pushing me in front of him. "Roxanne will you do something for me?" he asked.

I nodded. "Anything for my mate," I grinned. I snarled at my wolf who refused to give me back control.

"Tilt your head to the side and move your hair," he told me. I complied immediately.

He filled the syringe with liquid from the vial. He stuck it into my neck, then pushed down the plunger.

After a few seconds I felt numbness spread throughout my body. The ground started to sway, the forest coming in and out of focus.

Aetrix lost control for just a moment but it gave me enough time to swing my fist at Thayne. I caught him in the jaw before falling sideways and landing limply on the forest floor.

I heard him growl and he knelt down in front of me. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. "See you when you wake up," he spat and everything went black.

***

I stared past the rocks, watching as something flashed within the darkness. The bursts of gleaming light slowly grew brighter, until everything around me was light again.

I looked around, confused. "Where am I?" I muttered. The white room was empty. I was alone.

"Hello?" I called out, walking towards the wall. It was a small room but it took me forever.

As soon as I touched it, there was a hissing noise and everything went dark again. I felt a sharp pain my leg and collapsed with a cry.

I landed in water, very deep and very cold, water. My arms and legs flailed, trying to swim upwards, but my feet were chained to the bottom.

My lungs continued to suck in water and I could feel my body shutting down. Every part of my body burned with agony.

I saw a bright light suddenly appear in the darkness. I tried to move towards it, believing it was my last hope for survival.

Just before I reached it though, the chains snapped and I was being dragged from the water. I threw up water and coughed violently, gripping the grated metal underneath me.

My vision slowly cleared and the pain started to fade. I looked up at three faces. They were all men, familiar ones.

The biggest one leaned down until his face was inches from mine. "Are you ready to do what we asked Roxanne?" He asked in an awful, growling voice.

I swallowed hard. "No! I'm not going to kill my parents!" I screamed, my voice hoarse and cracked. He stood up, his mouth twisting into an angry grimace.

He looked at me for a few minutes, waiting for my determination to waver, but it never did. He turned to two men behind me with a growl.

"Burn her."

***

My eyes opened in panic; I looked around wildly, searching for some sign of familiarity. I found only one.

The room was strange, the bed was different, but the man beside me was all too familiar. My eyes widened and I tried to move away.

His arm snaked around my waist and yanked me to him. I let out a small yelp as I collided with his muscular chest.

He shifted so that he was hovering over me, his black eyes gleaming in the faint light. I sucked in a sharp breath.

I absolutely hated him but there was no denying he definitely deserved his nickname: the werewolf sex god. His face was absolute perfection, and his body even more so.

"Where do you think you're going?" he growled. I felt a shudder run down my spine at his deep, rumbling voice.

I couldn't think clearly with him this close, I could practically feel my hatred toward him fading. "Let me go Derek," I muttered weakly.

He chuckled and my hatred completely vanished as Aetrix took over. "I don't think you really mean that, I think you want to stay right here and let me have my way with you," he growled lustfully.

I was out of breath, his words completely true. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to complete the mating bond.

He smirked, lowering himself until his face was only centimeters from mine. "I would love to continue this, and see exactly how long it would take before I have you screaming my name, but I have work to do," he growled.

His words made the last of my self control snap. I grabbed the back of his neck and forced my lips onto his. He growled lowly, kissing me back even harder.

His tongue ran across my lips but I denied him access to tease him. He growled and his hand was suddenly on my butt. He squeezed and forced his tongue into my mouth when I gasped.

I closed my eyes, letting myself melt into the kiss. It quickly heated up and I had to pull away to catch my breath. Derek kept going though.

He worked his way down to his mark, leaving open mouthed kisses. His tongue ran over the mark and a violent shudder of bliss ran through me.

He started to suck on it and I writhed beneath him, the pleasure overwhelming. My hands gripped his shoulders, my nails digging in every time his mouth touched the mark.

He suddenly pulled away with a curse, his eyes glazed over. He stood up and started walking to the door.

I leapt to my feet and followed him. "Hey where are you going?" I asked.

He paused with his hand on the door knob. "I have work to do, now you are going to stay here and be a good girl, or I will put you in the pack prison," he growled.

"How long are you going to be gone?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. I opened my mouth to protest but he was already gone. I tried to open the door but it was locked.

With Thayne gone I could finally think. I growled angrily and slammed my hands against the wooden door. "You fucking bastard!" I spat.

I collapsed onto the floor, tears streaming down my face as I remembered everything from before he sedated me. I didn't know who I was more upset with:

Myself for being too weak to withstand the mating bond, or with Xavier, for giving me up to the man I hated the most after I begged him not to.