Chapter 1 - The Trial Begins

Alarious otherwise known as the first realm is a beautiful city made from pure white marble. The Alarians, a race of once humans,  now find this realm home. The realm is separate from the two others that make up this planet. The second realm is known as Earth and the third is Terramore. 

Alarians are often referred to as heavenly beings in many tales and legends. In some cultures, they are even referred to as angels or gods. However, it was the true gods that created the Alarians. The goddess Vexous granted a select few humans with powers for the protection of mankind and the Earth realm when war broke out centuries ago.

The Alarians were made stronger than their human predecessors, having longer life spans, the ability to transport through the realms using fissures, and still to this day do not require sustenance to fuel their bodies. They can wield and harness mass amounts of essence (Called magic in some cultures), as well as the ability to heal at an accelerated rate as long as they are in their own realm.

These awakened powers stem from an item called an aura, which all Alarians are granted when they come of age. Though it was not the main source of their power for the first Alarians, many have grown dependent on them as time passed. The auras are the key to being able to travel between realms. Without an intact one Alarians cannot maintain their bodies for long periods of time and fall prey to the curse when in any other realm by Alarious.

The Alarian race was cursed out of jealousy, the auras were created as a means to bypass the symptoms of this foul meddling.

The realms are divided, Earth in the center Alarious and Terramore on the out shirts. Beings or emeasurable power seek to take control of the realms, it is the Alarious duty to protect and keep the balance.

"Wow, the curse is really just glanced over... Not a lot of information there." Eros let out a huff as he frowned.

He flicked through the book some more as he walked through a well-decorated courtyard. Trees with pinkish flowers framed the edges, the grass was well-kept and vibrant in its green colour. Columns of white marble lining the walkway to the centre structure. 

The contents of the so-called learning material puzzled him. Did the humans really see the Alarians as angels? Was it because they could travel through the fissures to different realms? He didn't understand it, though he was sure he would soon.

His free hand drifted down to lighting rest on his abdomen where his aura lay, he could still remember when he had first received it. A smile spread across his features. His aura had once belonged to an ancient ancestor, a fabled soldier of his bloodline. His whole family had been just as shocked when it had reacted to him. The Alarian auras were a fascinating device, one thing the book didn't mention was that they chose the host, and could never be forced into or out of a body without immeasurable harm. Amongst the royals it was said that they were originally gifts from the goddess Vexous herself, to help fight the forces of corruption spreading throughout the human realm.

However, he couldn't help but wonder where the corruption steamed from or where or when it started. Yet another thing glossed over in all his study and preparation. As he grew older he became wiser and more open-minded, his sister hated it when he questioned the teachings of old, and yet she couldn't deny that even she began to question their traditions and their past. Being a part of the royal family had its perks, he had access to more knowledge than most, but he also had to keep his mouth shut about a lot of it, which only proved frustrating.

He was approaching the palace gates now. The tall gilded white bars were open already, very rarely were they closed. His heart began to race, hammering heavily in his chest. Every step he took only helped to cement that today was truly happening. He'd waited years for this day. The adrenaline and excitement mixed with a slight sense of nervousness.