Chapter 7 - Bawls & New Friends.

Eros was stunned, his eyes were locked on the paper unable to move. Someone bumped into him from behind, a hand reaching forward. In one swift motion, the poster was ripped from the board. Too rigid to turn, his head turned slightly to see an unknown male standing behind him.

"This looks like you." The man stood a foot taller with broad shoulders. His head was topped with black hair, his eyebrows were too thick looking out of place on his face. His body was slightly chubby, clearly he enjoyed too much ale. "What trouble did you get yourself into my man?"

The sound of him scrunching the paper into a ball seemed to echo within Eros's mind. He watched on as though the scene were playing out in slow motion as the rest of the room fell away, he was unable to focus on anything else. Was this the end of his journey already? Would he be forced to return to Alarious not having completed his trial?

Samuel came to join them, handing him a small leather square as he spoke. "No need to worry about that for now."

Though the words went in one ear and out the other for Eros. It had only been one night. How had that poster found its way to this town and so quickly? Mere days into his trial and already he had made himself an enemy of the humans, a wanted man. This had to be a cruel joke.

"Care to explain?" That was the man that Samuel had been talking to before. He rounded the counter and took the now crinkled poster from the other guild member before shooing him away.

"He found himself in a pickle-" Samuel tried but was cut off by a stern look from the male. Clearly, he was the guild's head.

"I wasn't asking you." His gaze moved to Eros who was looking more nervous and pale by the minute. "Not even signed to a guild and already causing problems." The man laughed, his smile broadening.

It took Eros by surprise as the light-hearted atmosphere returned to the establishment. "I ran into... a spot of trouble the next town over." He spoke truthfully. "It appears as though I have been framed for a crime that was committed by another."

"If the cat trusts you, then so do I. He's our highest-ranking member currently." The guild member mused as though he was impressed with Samuel.

"Cat? Wait, you mean he knows about you?" A bewildered Eros asked Samuel.

Samuel nodded, "Honestly is the best policy when it comes to the guild, my tracking skills are the best around, due to my animal side."

"Not to worry my boy, we have all kinds of beings in our ranks, but the only place a few of these folks can earn a living." The guild master had flaming red hair, a lean build and a friendly welcoming smile. All doubt and worry evaporated as Eros returned the kind smile. "Care to tell me what happened over some ale?" He offered.

Erosvent nodded, following the man to a table. They sat and spoke for a short time, Eros was able to fill in the guild master, Noel as he had learned, on what had happened and why he had to run, only to be saved by Samuel. It was a lucky coincidence and one he was extremely grateful for.

After a moment of silence and what appeared like Noel thinking deeply for a while he finally spoke. "So this Daniel fellow, there's a good chance he's in the human trafficking business. He'll probably lay low for a time, with the description you've given I'll have a wanted poster made up." He paused for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking, What species are you?"

This man, Noel, was quite perceptive. Erosvent responded while gauging the guild leaders' reaction. "Species?"

Noel's eyes gleamed with excitement. "What race?"

Carefully thinking about how he should answer, he decided to use the name the humans had given his kind, mainly due to the curse. Sure it was somewhat of a fabricated fairy tale, gruesome in parts. But for the most part, it was correct with minor corrections needed. He finally answered. "A... vampire?"