Chapter 2 - First Impressions

Eros came awake studying himself with a frown. He certainly remembered it being a little more painful the first time he had travelled through realms. Given that this fissure had been the first he had even jumped through he had been unprepared for the impact. His body had spun and twisted to a weird angle so when he had been ejected from the other side he had been jettisoned into the hard ground causing a lot of damage to his body. His eyebrows creased as no such pain or discomfort came, something was wrong. His mind was foggy and he couldn't figure out why he was re-living this memory. 

Shaking his head, he focused his mind, he'd make this right. The scene around him blurred as he changed the surroundings. He was reliving his past for a reason, this needed to play out the correct way. But why couldn't he remember why he was doing this...

 But why couldn't he remember why he was doing this

Starting the scene from the beginning again.

The fissure roared to life in the middle dirt-ridden track surrounded by trees. The swirling mass did last long, it regurgitated Eros violently before collapsing in on itself and vanishing. His body skidded across the ground at an ungodly ankle as sticks and stones embedded themselves into his skin. He collided with a nearby tree, his head impacting it hard and crabbing his brain for a few minutes. He came awake with a gasp as everything seemed to catch up with him. He ached all over, his body heavily battered and bruised. he squinted trying to study the night sky, with no moon in sight his surroundings were engulfed in darkness, he could at least tell it was some ungodly hour of the night.

 he squinted trying to study the night sky, with no moon in sight his surroundings were engulfed in darkness, he could at least tell it was some ungodly hour of the night

Forcing himself to stand he winced as pain shot through him. He appeared to be more hurt than he thought, he hadn't expected that travelling through realms would be quite this painful. His insides were twisted in knots and his body felt as though it had been thrown into a whirlpool made of rocks. As he dug a stone from out of his shoulder he surmised that was probably due to the ground he had landed on more than the fissue itself. Maybe diving into a fissure wasn't the best way to enter one, next time he'd try just stepping through.

With a cringe, he pulled out a small protruding stick from his collarbone. Was there anyone around? He couldn't tell. His head ached, and there was also a strange throbbing behind his skull. Lifting his hand to his forehead, he rubbed at the skin. Pulling his fingers back he felt a warm tacky substance on them, he couldn't see yet but he knew they were coated in blood. He creased his brow, how much blood had he lost?