Chapter 4 - Blood, Fire & Sticks.

"Erosvent, please wait." Elaina tried taking a fist full of clothing and pulling on it in an attempt to slow him down. It didn't slow him down at all, instead, she was slightly dragged along with him. 

"Stop! You mustn't!" Elaina pleaded in a hushed tone. 

He briskly put one foot in front of the other closing the space between him and Daniel's room.

"He'll kill what I hold most dear!" She suddenly spoke in her normal tone, panic evident as she stopped being quiet.

He stopped, his fist clenching at his side. "And you won't tell me? I can protect them and you."

"I can't, only he knows the location, I don't want to risk it, please!" she begged.

"I will not do nothing, innocent people are being punished." He retorted.

She bit her bottom lip, clearly it bothered her too. Whatever hold he had on her it had to be of great importance for a young girl to go against her morals like this.

"I have been helping them, I don't just bring them food, they need only stop fighting and actually look at what I've provided." She lightly tugged on his shirt again. "Please Erosvent."

A low growl escaped his lips, she was stopping him from ripping her Daniel's head from his shoulders. He was too wound up to think clearly, all he wanted was the wall to be covered with his blood. He needed a rational head to get everyone out of this situation alive.

"Why must he remain alive?" Eros asked.

Elaina's eyes bulged and her hands began to shake as she released what his intent had been. "Another life is at stake." Her voice shook and tears began to fill the corners of her eyes. "Only if I do as I'm told... You must understand, I can't let you hurt him for fear of taking away what I hold most dear."

Before he had a chance to respond his attention shifted. His head lifted upward as he caught the scent of smoke in the air. His head snapped to the side as a loud explosion ripped through the night.

Elaina screamed, the shock of the sudden unexpected noise startled her. Frightened she jumped backward slamming her small body into the wall behind her.

Daniel flung open the door moments later, his brow furrowed as he looked between the two but his attention was soon diverted by the many panicked animals making a ruckus outside.

This was his chance, Eros could easily reach up and snap the human's neck. Problem solved. But they would not be of benefit to the young girl. He had claimed he would protect her, but how, he only knew what he read about this world, he didn't have the experience he needed to look after a human, let alone a human child. Not yet.

Having made the mental decision to not kill Daniel then and there, he'd regret it later. Remembering this was like a thorn in his side. How much tragedy could have been avoided if he had just killed the man here? But that's not how this story goes sadly.

 How much tragedy could have been avoided if he had just killed the man here? But that's not how this story goes sadly

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Dreamscape - (Alarian Warriors) (First draft)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें