24

The Titans put in their best efforts for days as they tried to not only discern the true goal of their enemy but find their missing comrade as well. Cyborg had been having no luck with the communicator, having the signal drop out somewhere in Wisconsin. Robin had just about as much luck trying to track down any other robberies or disturbances with a similar pattern to their mystery nemesis.

If anyone, however, was hit hard by the missing halfa it was Raven. She did her best not to show it but she was losing her resolve in keeping up her cold façade. She sat in her room trying with all she had to meditate but her thoughts kept straying to Danny and what could have possibly happened to him. She furrowed her brow as she let out a sigh of surrender and flopped onto her bed. "Danny…"

"You look rather tired considering its only mid-afternoon." Scott chided from a bookshelf in her room.

She glared back at the bird. "You have no room to talk."

It was true, anyone with sense could see Scott was indeed more tired by the day, and had even stopped changing his shape. He scoffed at her remark before turning back to the door. "If that's how you plan to be." He then flew right through the door and down the hall. "Let's see how the others are faring this morning." He soon found himself in the main room where Robin was hard at work still searching for clues and Dani was relaxing on the couch with Terra. He flew down to stand on the couch head, invisibly of course, but that didn't do him any good.

Dani shivered a moment before turning his way. "Cut it out, Scott." She grumbled with her arms crossed.

He popped into the visible spectrum with a sigh. "That ghost sense of yours makes it very hard to people watch."

"You shouldn't spy on people anyway." Terra reprimanded from his left. The ghost sighed again and turned his head to the door where fast paced steps could be heard.

Cyborg burst through the door only seconds later. "Yo, Robin! We got incoming."

The boy wonder turned to him with a serious expression. "What do you mean? The proximity alarm didn't pick up anything."

"No, I mean through the main frame. Someone is ramming their way through and fast!" Just as he ended the statement the screen at the head of the room flickered black.

A fuzzy image soon formed a sharp one as an all too familiar silhouette formed. His blood red eyes were slits of anger as he searched the room. "Where is he!?" The sudden presence set all Titans on edge while making one halfa more uneasy than anything. "Where is Daniel! I know he has to be there somewhere!"

"And why would we tell you!?" Cyborg shouted at the man.

Vlad now bore his fangs at the metal teen. "You can either bring him here or I shall make you live to regret it!"

Robin, though angry at the villain like his friend, was a bit more curious than that. Why the sudden call? What had him so mad. "Why do you want to see him?" Robin asked in a demanding tone.

Vlad raised a brow at the question before cutting his eyes at the boy. "Surely you… unless you don't…." He then stopped and gave a chuckle. "So he really isn't there is he?" He let out a sigh. "Perfect."

"What's it to you anyway?" Terra questioned, in a typical 'out of the loop' way.

"Well, while I enjoy the idea of just letting you figure it out, it suits me much better to just tell you. He stole something from me last night." He then turned his gaze from the girl and back to Robin. "And don't try to tell me he didn't. I know for a fact he's the only one who could have done it. He's also one of the few who knew I had the artifact in my possession."