karaoke night

finneys pov

'why did i even come here' i thought painfully, as i was called up for my turn at karaoke. for a little bit of context, robin had messaged the groupchat (me, vance, bruce, griffin & billy) on a random saturday night, asking us to come to our local bar. none of us questioned it, as robin did this very often, but believe me when i say no one expected to be sitting here lipsyncing to taylor swift songs.

after billy's fabulous performance of 'anti-hero', followed by a large round of applause, it was my turn. i groaned as robin pushed me up encouragingly. as i arrived at the stage, i looked at the array of taylor swift song choices. i decided on picking 'enchanted' as it was sadly the only one i knew (author is very disappointed with finney).

the music started playing and i held the microphone to my mouth, and started quietly singing the words. 'COME ON FINN MORE ENTHUSIASM AMOR!!' robin yelled, and i giggled, before continuing my singing, a little louder now.

as i sang, i subconsciously locked eyes with robin. the main lyric came onto the screen and before i knew it, i was looking directly at robin, while singing 'i was, enchanted to meet you'.

as the song slowly came to an end, i managed to pull my eyes away from robin, who was blushing profusely, clapping nonetheless, when the final lyric played.

'ALRIGHT YOU HIJO DE PUTAS, MY TURN' robin screeched, much to the distaste of the other four boys. i just laughed, being more used to this than they were.

i handed robin the microphone, trying to hide how red my face was, especially as our fingers interlaced as he took the microphone with a soft smile aimed at me. god why was he so gorgeous.

robin didnt even look as though he had to think about what song to karaoke to, unsurprisingly. he had probably been planning since we arrived.

the music slowly started, and i was unable to recognise the song at first. but then i heard the first lyric of a song i had heard from gwen many times.

i was giggling lightly as robin made direct eye contact with me as he sang the first lyrics to 'the way i loved you'.

as the song went on, he didnt divert his vision from me for even a second, even as the others started clapping and singing along to the song.

i considered joining into the song, but i was too distracted by how pretty robin looked, as we maintained our eye contact. he was honestly the most gorgeous person i had ever met.

the song slowly drew to a close, and as the others were clapping, robin jumped down from the stage, seemingly heading directly towards me. 'can i talk to you in the bathroom for a minute?' he said, and i nodded, quickly turning to see bruce go up onto the stage before following robin.

'whats up?' i said, trying painfully hard to hide my blush. 'while i was singing, we were looking at eachother the whole time...' robin said calmly. i knew that it wasnt something people normally do. i mean, you dont just make eye contact with the homies as they sing a love song, right?

i nodded carefully, and robin sighed. 'you know the lyric about the "kissing in the rain"?' he said. i nodded again, wondering what he was trying to say.

'well- uh...do you think you'd ever, like, do that?' he said quietly. i didnt quite understand what he meant. 'do what you mean?' i said. he sighed again quietly.

'kiss...me?' he said, so quiet i could barely hear him. i gasped lightly. he looked up, seeming scared. 'im so sorry, finn. i shouldnt have-' i cut off whatever he was going to say by locking his lips with mine. he froze, but slowly his lips started moving with mine.

after a minute or so, i pulled away. smiling, i said 'yes robin, yes i would.' he grinned and pulled me back in.

this is short af but every ounce of motivation i had said goodbye when i read a newtmas ff 🫢 but ill never stop 😜 sorry for the self promo, but please consider liking / sharing / commenting 🤍 love you all sm