Chapter Five

I was back at the house now, but Jaime still wasn't back. I was scared and worried. The rain was coming down harder and thunder rumbled in the bleached gray sky.

Son of a bitch, is this what Jaime felt like every time I didn't come home?

I was sitting on the bed when my phone rang beside me.

"Yo, Vic! You called right, 'bout a fight?" It was Eddie and I couldn't have thanked him more for pulling me out of my thoughts. And this boredom of course.

"Yeah man, I did. Did you find me one yet?" The question lingered in the air for a bit, there was mumbling in the background before he responded.

His voice was a bit hesitant, he sounded unsure of himself.

"Look, Vic. I got you a fight, but I'm not sure if you're up for it. This guy, he's just downright cruel. He won't hold back and he is the biggest homophobic motherfucker I've ever met. I don't blame you if you don't want to fight 'em or if you break the rules while doing so. You up for it?" Eddie asked, the guy he described sounded like a total jackass.

Of course I was going to accept the fight. And as soon as I said I was Jaime walked in the room.

I hung up on Eddie without a second thought, sometimes he just thought it was because I was rude, other times he knew it was Jaime.

I hope this time he knew it was Jaime. A pissed off Eddie isn't a good Eddie.

Jaime's hair was wet and slouched in different areas. His shirt was soaked and clung to his body, a lazy smile formed on his face when he saw me sitting on the bed. It was a little past eleven but I wasn't mad.

I was relieved he was okay, undamaged and in one piece still.

I still cared about him, even if I was cheating on him.

"Oh thank god your okay," I spoke. He stood there still, smiling at me. I was getting kinda nervous now, this wasn't like Jaime to just stand there like a creep. Thunder crackled in the distance which made Jaime look all the creepier.

"Um, Jaime?" I questioned and that was when he snapped back into reality, an even bigger grin forming on his face.

"I got a job." He merely whispered, he was holding back because I knew inside he was bouncing with joy.

"Baby, I'm so proud of you! Where at?" Jaime waltzed over to me and laid down with me, pushing my back down onto the bed.

"It's nothing big, just a place downtown with a friend." His words were vague, like he didn't want to tell me. I frowned at him but ignored it since I didn't want to bring him down.

"When do you start?" I asked him, he just shrugged his shoulders in response, not giving me a real answer.

I decided that he didn't want to tell me and brushed it off.

"Hey, I'm gonna shower." I said simply before getting a towel and walking towards the bathroom. When I was in the shower I heard Jaime on the phone, he was talking to someone but I couldn't hear who or what it was about over the water.

My thoughts were on Kellin at the moment, I have no idea why. I couldn't help but think back to the deal we made, I'm such an idiot.

Why am I cheating on Jaime, if I want sex from him I should just ask him, right? But then again, when I did have sex with Kellin it was mind blowing.

Jaime's melodious laughter brought my attention back. Who could he be possibly talking to at almost 11:30 at night? He doesn't go out much, that's a fact.